“Very Nice”

The Suds Factory River Grill
Ranked #16 of 54 Restaurants in Baldwinsville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Liverpool, New York
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Went there for a happy hour. We sat outside on their beautiful outside patio on overlooking the river. Had some cocktails and some pizza. Had the Deep Sea Voyage pizza which was delicious. Service was decent. Prices were average. Overall enjoyed it.

• Visited July 2013

Baldwinsville, Ny
“It's Not Fine Dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The food was very good, the wait staff was excellent, but this is not fine dining. With the exception of the few booths the setting is in no way intimate enough to refer to this as fine dining. The limited numbers of booths and the openness of the bar does not create an inviting atmosphere. I have an expectation of what I am looking for when I go to a fine dining establishment, the Sud's Factory fails to meet that expectation. Charging high prices and telling everyone this is fine dining doesn't make it so. The downstairs, which is considered casual dining, resembles a public golf course club house. I like the fact that we have another dining option in B-ville, but was disappointed with my experience. Parking is certainly an issue, crossing the street can be dangerous if you're luck enough to get a spot at the hotel. The bar upstairs is very nice, I would recommend it for drinks, but please don't call it fine dining

• Visited June 2013
New York
“A Bit Expensive and very limited menus...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We live in Baldwinsville and although we have had drinks here, we had not eaten anything. Me and my girlfriends tried it on a Wednesday evening. Not too many customers; sporadic. The upstairs is main dining and downstairs is a "pub" sort of feel; each area has their own separate menu. The menu in the main dining room is very limited; a chicken dish, a beef, a ravioli and about 4-5 seafood dishes but that is it. Ordered the seafood paella and my friends ordered the swordfish and a seafood type of combo dish. The prices were a bit expensive and then it was a la carte so salad was at an additional cost. Most dinners were 19-28 dollars; salad should be included for that price. Although the food was tasty, not overly delicious, the serving size was small. So I was a bit disappointed. The tavern menu downstairs has your typical chicken sandwich, burger, philly steak and pizza....but I must say with the few that were that evening most were downstairs. Very disappointed, place is very well done and decorated nicely, modern feel to it....but in my opinion the menus both need to be more extensive and for the prices the salad should come with it! It's a great location and it's a great addition to Baldwinsville; I just hope they make it! Also, they do take reservations but unfortunately they never had mine that I had made that morning. But it did not matter; plenty of seating available that evening.

• Visited July 2013
Liverpool, New York
“Wonderful Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had lunch reservations for a large group. When we arrived our table was ready and set for us. Our waitress was very helpful with the menu and patient with the demands of a large group. Our drinks were promptly served and refilled when necessary. A few in our group had questions and special dietary needs. She patiently answered our questions. Four of us ordered lobster rolls, others ordered salads and the chicken sandwich. Each lunch came with a generous order of seasoned fries.
Those of us who ordered the lobster roll, found it didn't come close to a authentic Maine lobster roll. The lobster was almost minced and mixed with celery and shredded lettuce and mayonnaise. I have sampled lobster rolls throughout Maine for over forty years, but never had the lobster meat minced. Because the meat was minced, it was difficult to appreciate the wonderfully mild tasting lobster. However, I will be going there again next week for lunch with friends. Everyone else in our group raved about their lunches and the service and atmosphere are wonderful. The lobster rolls might be fine if you have never had the real thing.

• Visited June 2013
Baldwinsville, New York
“Love Suds Factory River Grill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

B'ville needed another fine dining experience, and the River Grill fills the need. We have eaten there several times, love the food. The salmon with scallops is delicious and I love the seafood paella. In addition, there appitizers are all good, especially love the pork bellies and the crab cakes. Their 'Tres Leches' dessert is the perfect ending to wonderful meal. The food isn't cheap, but is of quality and is a good value.

They are a little odd about not servince pub fair at the upstairs tables, even when the 'find dining' section is not full. Finally, they have parking issues (don't park behind the restaruant). With that said, it is worth the short walk across the bridge. WE will be back.

Visited June 2013