I booked this hotel for Labor Day weekend to visit the NY State Fair. There are hotels closer to the fairgrounds, but Microtel was significantly cheaper with only a 10-minute drive to the fair, which was definitely worth it. I found no problem getting to other attractions in the area via car; downtown Syracuse was only 15 minutes away. The location is right near the highway which is very convenient.
- We booked a queen bed room and it was spacious and comfortable for two adults.
- The bathroom is a great size and clean, although the towels are small (typical hotel fare).
- The window seat provides extra seating, storage, and gives a nice atmosphere to the room.
- Bedding was comfortable (no ugly "hotel" blankets!) and the room had plenty of electrical outlets. Free WiFi is a definite plus.
- Amenities we didn't use were: coin-operated laundry on the 2nd floor; 24-hour coffee available in the lobby; free computer terminals in the lobby.
- The hotel staff was courteous and friendly.
- This is a pet-friendly hotel, which can be great if you have a pet, but be careful if you have pet allergies. When we checked in, a Pomeranian was scampering around the lobby & front desk, barking loudly. If you have severe pet allergies, don't assume animals are restricted to their hotel rooms; you might be safer booking somewhere else.
- The continental breakfast is sub-par: pre-packaged bagels and muffins, and all of the creamers for the coffee were spoiled. There is nowhere to sit for the breakfast; you have to go back to your room to eat.
- Only one ice machine in the building, at the front desk; we were on the second floor so it was a walk to get to the ice machine.
- The room had an old television with a fussy remote (the TV is atop the closet so you can't change channels from the set). It'd be nice if they update to flatscreens.
- There is no neighborhood atmosphere: it shares a parking lot with a bank and there are abandoned warehouses next door, which look scary at night.
It's not a 5-star hotel by any means, but it was a great stay for the price, and relatively close to everything we needed. If I were going to the fair I'd stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guest LaundryGuest Common and Game Room ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baldwinsville/Syracuse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn And Hotel Baldwinsville
- Microtel Baldwinsville
- Baldwinsville Microtel