Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baldwinsville/Syracuse
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Baldwinsville
Reviewed March 29, 2012

While this hotel is a bit off the beaten path it is a nice place to stay. It was clean and staff were friendly.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Recently I had the pleasure of staying at this small town hotel and was pleasantly surprised by the service, the cleanliness, the staff and the convenient location of this hotel. Several members of my family were also staying a the hotel and the staff was able to keep it all straight, knew who was who as far as sisters, daughters, sons, grandchildren and room numbers and went out of their way to make it pleasant and organized for all of us particularly as we frequently didn't communicate effectively amongst ourselves.
The weather during my stay was typical winter weather, yet the parking lot and walk ways were easy to naviagate and the room cozy and welcoming. I would recommend this hotel to anyone reason to stay on this side of town, the location is great, a quick hop onto 690 or the Thruway and the price is great!

Room Tip: Traveling alone I got the small room, it was perfect! Other family members had larger room on other...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mab949
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My husband and I just needed a place to stay for a night it this hotel was fine. None of the bells and whistles but it did the job. The front staff was friendly and check in/out was a breeze. We were able to grab a quick breakfast (bagels, muffins, cereal, coffee, tea) to go.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

The Microtel Inn in Baldwinsville, NY continues to be a hotel where I like to stay when visiting my daughter. The rooms are very clean, the staff is pleasant the hotel is close to the thruway and Route 690 and many other attractions. The check-in process is so easy and quick and the staff very friendly and accomodating. The continental breakfast is very nice, my girls just love it!! Overall a very nice place to stay, reasonable and most important very clean!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
syracuse131DownerSt, Owner at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baldwinsville/Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Barb. G., It is an Honor to be able to accomodate you Hotel needs. My Staff and myself enjoy helping our guests in anyway we can. We are very pleased that you had a wonderful stay and choose to stay at our hotel when you are visiting the syracuse area. I want to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review of the hotel, it is very helpful especially with the us changing management and staff to get the right fit for our guests. Again, Thank you very much!! We hope to see you soon!

Chief Operating Officer

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Just stayed here last night - it was my worst hotel stay ever. A junior hockey team, the Long Island Wolfpack, was staying in the same hotel. The night manager put us next to one of their loudest rooms, and my wife and I were treated to an entire night of this team running amok in the halls, screaming at the top of their lungs at all hours of the night (9:30, 10:30, midnight, 2am, 5am) and even beating on our own door (12:30am). We called downstairs to the desk and they lamely volunteered that they'd already tried to settle the team down. Nothing else was done to rectify the situation, and when we checked out at 8:30am, the day manager didn't even ask how our night went (probably fearing what we'd say). No acknowledgement or apology was offered to either of us. I just tried to give feedback on this stay at Microtel's website, and the feedback page on their site is broken - I can't even complain about what happened. I am totally disgusted with both the hockey team and Microtel in general.

Room Tip: Stay away from this location.
1  Thank 6079513Peter
syracuse131DownerSt, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baldwinsville/Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

First and foremost i want to apologize to you and your wife once again for the inconvienence of your stay with us. I take full responsibility for the actions that happened at my hotel. I have talked with you on the phone and have given you a refund of the Hotel stay in the amount of $43.51. I have also given you a free night stay with us the next time you decide to come and stay at the hotel. I would apprecaite when you call in to make the reservation to please ask for me personally that i may take effective measures to ensure that you are treated with more respect and honor. This will not happen again, I had a young man on staff that was brand new, and i know that this does not excuse the terrible night that you and your wife had to go through, but know that i have made strict policies and adherence to those policies so these circumstances are dealt with right away. I want to thank you as well for bringing these things to my attention, because if you did not respond to me in such a way and to my Front Desk Manager i might not have known that this was even happeneing. Again, i am very sorry and i hope that by reaching out to you and responding to you that we can resolve this situation. Thank you very much for your time!!

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Just stayed at this hotel this past weekend. Front desk/staff were very nice, fast and accomodating. Very clean. Convenient location. Right off the highway with a Dunkin Donuts right down the road and a few other fast food spots. Also only about 15 minutes to Carousel Mall. The price was unbelievable that we received for our sports group. Families stayed here 2 nights for LESS than the price of one night in another hotel that we asked for a group rate. Definitely will remember this hotel for any events we have in Syracuse area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
syracuse131DownerSt, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baldwinsville/Syracuse, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

We Here at the Microtel want to thank you for your kind words in regards to our Hotel. I am very thankful for the great staff that i have working here. This is a family enviornment where we treat our guests with the same honor and respect we do our own family. Thank you once again and we hope to be able to serve you in the future!!

Reviewed February 9, 2012

I had an excellent experience at Microtel. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff was very accomodating. They went the extra mile to attend to a few exta needs I had and they were polite and kind. The breakfast accomodations were wonderful. and i would reccomend this hotel. affordable but not lacking in any way.

Room Tip: I stayed as far away from elevator as possible and upstairs to avoid any noise...to be able to work...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Dear Charity,

We want to thank you so much for staying with us at the Microtel. You are an honored and valued guest. My staff has nothing but great things to say about you. They love that you pray for them and lift them up, it is very encouraging. We are very thankful that you were able to work here without noise and confusion to finish your work. We once again Thank you for staying with us.

Adrian Polczak

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baldwinsville
The Red Mill Inn
Home2 Suites by Hilton Oswego
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#2 of 2 in Weedsport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baldwinsville/Syracuse? Share your experiences!