We stayed 5 nights in Nov 2012. The camp and tents were beautiful and very comfortable. The indoor outdoor bathroom was lovely, the bed comfortable, the spacious private deck had a terrific view. We could hear hippos most evenings, and had elephants walk right past our deck during their tree snacking treks through camp. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Lizzie, the camp manager, was super efficient, accommodating, and helped make our trip extra special. The food was outstanding and I came home with a few recipes, as well as 4 extra pounds. November was very hot during the day, but cooled down nicely at night. The game viewing was absolutely terrific. Dicks was our guide for 4 of the 5 days, and his incredible knowledge, and patience with my photography requests, was very much appreciated. He worked really hard for us, and we saw some fabulous animal behaviour. Kops was our guide on the first day, and greeted us at the airstrip with, " A leopard has been spotted about 10 minutes from here. Shall we go see it before we check in?" Right then, I knew Selinda was going to be very special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Selinda Camp looks out onto the Selinda Spillway, a unique seasonal waterway that links the Okavango Delta with the wildlife-rich floodplains of the Linyanti marshes. Selinda Camp's nine spacious tents (including a family unit) are tucked away into the natural vegetation with wonderful views of palm-studded floodplains. Each tent has an en-suite bathroom and veranda. The main area is attractive, cool and under thatch and comprises dining, lounge and bar areas with spectacular views. Set apart from the main area is the photo and art gallery next to the camp's 500-bottle wine cellar, open-air deck, plunge pool and traditional campfire area. The Selinda Spillway winds its way through the Selinda Reserve and forms a magnet for the wildlife of the region. The area is thus an all-year-round wildlife viewing destination with large concentrations of elephant, buffalo, antelope, lechwe, giraffe, zebra, kudu, cheetah, wild dog, lion and leopard, with excellent birding of over 300 species in both the marshes and the dry country. Morning and afternoon-into-night game drives in custom-built 4x4 Land Cruisers with Guided nature walks, boating and seasonal fly-fishing ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Great Plains Conservation Selinda Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Selinda Camp Hotel Okavango Delta
- Great Plains Conservation Selinda Camp Botswana/Okavango Delta