Wonderful camp which is very cosy and has some lovely design features, Particularly liked the artists Keith Jouberts paints of wild dogs and lion on some of the furniture. Food delicious. Went out to a hide for lunch and enjoyed a delta experience on the way there. Sightings of elephant at the camp and a leopard eating a python which was definitely a first for us. Guides excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Selinda Camp looks out onto the Selinda Spillway, a unique seasonal waterway that links the Okavango Delta with the wildlife-rich floodplains of the Linyanti marshes. Selinda Camp's nine spacious tents (including a family unit) are tucked away into the natural vegetation with wonderful views of palm-studded floodplains. Each tent has an en-suite bathroom and veranda. The main area is attractive, cool and under thatch and comprises dining, lounge and bar areas with spectacular views. Set apart from the main area is the photo and art gallery next to the camp's 500-bottle wine cellar, open-air deck, plunge pool and traditional campfire area. The Selinda Spillway winds its way through the Selinda Reserve and forms a magnet for the wildlife of the region. The area is thus an all-year-round wildlife viewing destination with large concentrations of elephant, buffalo, antelope, lechwe, giraffe, zebra, kudu, cheetah, wild dog, lion and leopard, with excellent birding of over 300 species in both the marshes and the dry country. Morning and afternoon-into-night game drives in custom-built 4x4 Land Cruisers with Guided nature walks, boating and seasonal fly-fishing ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Great Plains Conservation Selinda Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Selinda Camp Hotel Okavango Delta
- Great Plains Conservation Selinda Camp Botswana/Okavango Delta