“Outstanding”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Okavango Delta
Wilderness Safaris Seba Camp
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The staff at Seba are outstanding. Our every need was attended too with dignity, enthusiasm and
an "African Way" that was truly genuine. I am sure we were not the only special guests that they have had but we sure felt as if we were. I will not give anything away but be prepared to be overwhelmed by all they do for their guests above and beyond your wildest expectations. Families - do the game drives and then get out in the Mukoros and go fishing!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank David G
WildernessSafaris, Guest Relations Manager at Wilderness Safaris Seba Camp, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear David G,

Thank you for your great review, we will be sure to pass on your kind words to all our staff.

Now is the best time for Mokoro's, Winter in the Delta is in full swing. Daylight has dwindled but our days are as full as ever. The cooler weather is amenable to all-day outings, allowing guests to experience the great expanse of our diverse concession by motor boat, game viewer or mokoro -- sometimes all three in one day. We’re taking advantage of the season with toasty, fire-side picnics and mugs of gluhwein, drinking soup and cosying up with hot water bottles in bed. We welcome any excuse to do port and sherry samplings and serve hot toddies with dessert.

So where does this leave us? Right here on the south-western edge of the Okavango, content in the season and its crisp nights and clear days with an expanse of channels to explore.

Hope you are able to come visit us during this wonderful season too
The Seba Team

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We spent two nights at Seba at the end of our safari vacation. The drive from the airstrip was very short and we were warmly welcomed. The location feels extremely remote and gives you the full safari experience.

The property is quite small and feels very homey. There is a pool on site and the common area is simple but very nice. There is a small pond near the common area where you can observe wildlife. We saw bats, fireflies, baboons and vervet monkeys at the camp. The baboons like to be near the pool. From Seba you can take part in a mokoro excursion which is very relaxing and peaceful.

The food was good. The staff were friendly but reserved. The tents were very clean and well appointed with large private decks. They do not have any locking mechanism on the door. Our guide was enthusiastic and very knowledgeable. We were there during a slow point in the season so only our party of four were staying there. I was traveling with a friend and we were each given our own tent which was a very nice gesture. The lack of other guests made it feel like a bed and breakfast which can be good or bad depending on your preferences.

Some things that were common to all Wilderness properties.... they provide towels and toiletries. There is no bar soap provided - only liquid soap / shower gel. I would suggest you bring your own soap or bring a sponge for the shower, I never quite felt clean and used a lot of soap trying to get a lather. Each tent is equipped with a safe and a charging bar that accommodates different types of plugs. They do provide bug repellent and insect killer but Wilderness prides itself on its eco-responsibility and as such neither of these products are very powerful or very useful. Bring your own. They request that you be conscious of water / power consumption. They will do laundry free of charge. You leave it in the morning and it comes back that afternoon. They will also wash underclothes but they need to be separated from the rest of the laundry. There is daily housekeeping as well as turndown service. The properties are all inclusive so all meals and drinks (including alcohol) are included in the room charge. All activities offered by the camp (boating / jeep safari etc) are also included. There will be a tip box where you can leave something for the staff. The tents are not equipped with telephones or alarms clocks so you should have an alarm of your own. Guests are not allowed to walk on the property after dark / before sunrise without an escort. This is for your safety with respect to wildlife as the properties are not fenced. Someone will come to make sure you are up and 30 min later someone will come to walk you to breakfast. By then it is usually light enough for you to wander freely. In the evening someone will get you for dinner and walk you back afterwards.

Unfortunately for all of the great things this camp has to offer I am unable to give it a rating of five due to the set of circumstances surrounding our stay. The first issue was that it was our 5th camp, and our 3rd Wilderness Safari camp (after Toka Leya and Duma Tau). As such there were high expectations for our stay. Also, many of the things that this camp does very well were also done well at previous camps so they didn't seem as special when we were here. Along this line as well is the fact that we had MANY game drives prior to arriving at Seba. We were slightly safari-ed out. We did see a lot of wildlife but not much that was new and exciting.

The second unfortunate thing was that we were there during a slower time. This led to me getting my own tent. This also meant that my tent had not been regularly occupied prior to our arrival. The inevitable occurred and critters had taken up residence in my tent. The first night we were there, my friend removed a few stray spiders from the tent and then left me for the night. I figured the tent was now insect free and planned to go to bed. Sadly, there was a never ending stream of various insects in tent. Every time I removed one another appeared. Spiders, beetles, a cricket on my pillow, other bugs I couldn't identify. There were also bugs on the ceiling above the bed which I could not reach and the tent was not equipped with a bed net. I eventually became very distressed and ended up breaking the camp rule of not being out after dark so I could sleep elsewhere.

The next morning I requested to have my (still unpacked) bags moved into my friend's tent and the staff were very gracious and helpful. In fairness, it must be stated that we never saw one bug in my friend's tent. If I had randomly been assigned to his tent instead this would have been a very pleasurable stay. It was simply unfortunate tent assignment. I can't fault the property for my bad luck.

The one thing that leaves a truly bad impression however was the attitude of one of the managers. After hearing of my situation and the fact that I had moved rooms, Tim felt the need to point out to me that I was in Africa and that I should have expected that there would be some insects. He assured me that none of the insects were dangerous. This demonstrated to me that he did not fully appreciate the situation I had been in and the sheer volume of insects that were in the tent. He made me feel like he thought I was over exaggerating the presence of a few tiny bugs and that he thought I was simply a whining city slicker. He had no compassion for my obvious distress. As he repeated the fact that I had not been in any danger it became clear to me that he did not place any value on comfort. At the price we paid to stay at this camp we were expecting both safety AND comfort. As the host at a high end safari camp, he should not have made me feel belittled and if he couldn't fake compassion he should have just said nothing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank A-M197211625

Dear A-M197211625,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review for us. we are terrible sorry that you had such a problem with the insects and that this was not handled better by our staff.

We can assure you the General manager went into camp and sat through a counselling session with Tim to make sure no other guest is left feeling the way you did. Again from all of us at Wilderness Safaris and Tim in particular we offer you our sincere apologies.

Unfortunately bugs and insects play a big role in the wilderness and the tiniest little crack in a door or window can invite the critters in. Regular - eco-friendly - precautions are taken to prevent this as much as possible (the housekeeping staff spray the entire unit during turndown as well as burning coils to deter the insects from the room). We also provide every room with a tin of bug spray and repellent as well as more coils should the need arise to use these.

We are glad the second room was more bug free and sorry that we could not do more to help you in this regard.
The Seba Team.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at three camps in Zambia and Botswana and Seba was by far the best. People very friendly and knowledgeable, comfortable tents, excellent food and interesting location made our stay very unique. I can confirm what fellow travelers have said about this camp: the staff made you feel very welcome and gave us the energy and enthusiasm to make the 6AM wake up calls a moment to cherish.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FoxM64
Reviewed June 14, 2013

From a very luxurious lodge in South Africa to Seba and we felt we were really in the bush with a beautiful welcome from Beatrice and Aaron and their lovely staff singing us an African welcome. We were housed in the family tent, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, two large decks and a small pool, perfect for a family get together, but there were just the two of us. We did enjoy the space however and felt we were miles from anyone when sitting out on the deck in perfect solitude watching whatever wild life decided to grace us with their presence. And grace us they did. Elephants were a frequent visitor around our tent particularly one which liked to sleep beside our tent, buffalo tended to wander past and numerous small animals delighted us with their antics.

Our guide Jacko was excellent and we saw so many wonderful animals with him and loved hearing his stories. How he managed to spot the game in the distance is a total mystery to us, but he found us everything. On the return from our first evening safari we were taken to a bush dinner, lanterns and tables set out in the bush by a fire. Quite a special evening for all the guests particularly with the lovely African singing.

The staff were fantastic, nothing was any trouble and sitting around the camp fire in the evenings listening to stories from the staff and guests was a wonderful way to end the perfect days we experienced.

From our amazing hosts through all the staff we had an an exceptional experience at Seba, they were all so friendly and wanting to make our stay as perfect as possible.

During this trip we stayed at a couple of very luxurious lodges and some other tented camps but Seba Camp really stole our hearts. Hopefully one day we will return.

Room Tip: For a family the family tent is perfect
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank professional2ourist
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We researched the available accommodation in the Delta very carefully before selecting Seba for a 3 night stay at the end of May - and it lived up to our expectations in every way.

Every member of staff was exceptional: the camp managers Beatrice and Aaron were wonderful hosts and entertained us with their stories over meals, and campfire drinks. In particular, our guide Matamo, was a treasure trove of knowledge and information: there was not a single bird or tree he didn't know by name and his motto "never, ever give up" when searching for game, paid off as we visited hyena pups in their dens, spent an hour watching a lion, cicrcled skittish buffalo herds, and approached elephants to within a few meters.

The camp facilities are excellent: the beds comfortable and hot water bottles a welcome touch for the cold winter nights. At night the elephants fed around the tent chalet and we were able to watch them for hours with a torch from our verandah. One night a leopard chased an impala onto the open deck in the camp while we were having dinner. The wounded animal spent the next day sheltering in the camp and when I asked if we could help save him, was told that the camp philosophy is to let nature take its course. On another night, during dinner, a hippo emerged from the lagoon while we were sitting down for dinner, and we watched by torchlight from a few meters away: it was awe inspiring to be truely imersed in the bush.

The mokoro ride was a highlight of the stay: the design of the mokoro parts the water grass as you glide silently through and the African sun setting behind the trees, viewed from the water is nothing short of magical. A delightful surprise awiated us at the end: I won't spoil it for future visitors.

During the river cruise, Matamo taught my teenage daughter to fish: she caught 5 fish under his patient tutelage squealing with glee as she gained confidence.

We were fed seven times a day: every meal was excellent. We loved the selection of red wines. Mostly we loved eating on the deck with wtachful monkeys in the trees, the friendliness and attentive service of the camp staff and the feeling of peace in the beautiful setting of the camp.

A huge thank you to our very charming Matamo, the camp staff and chefs, Beatrice, Aaron, Tony (who provided commentary on the flight to the camp), Darren and Ernie (our pilots) and the many other people from Wilderness Safari who welcomed us at every point of the journey and made sure the trip was comfortable and enjoyable.

Highly, highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank travelling008
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We spent 3 glorious nights at Seba Camp in November 2012. Our hosts James and Claire were superb. Nothing was an effort for them and the wonderful staff. Every staff member was polite, spoke very well, were neat, warm, friendly and attentive. Our guide Speedy was too wonderful for words, has an amazing sense of humor that made the tours extra special. The memories will be in our hearts forever. We were surprised by an extra activity, an elephant ride!!! Thanks to Nina and Julian and their fabulous staff. The food was perfect, the rooms outstanding, the experience of having elephants just metres away while we ate...I cannot think of one negative thing to say. Thank you to all at Seba camp for making our trip so awesome.

Room Tip: The family room has a private plunge pool, much needed after the glorious game drives.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Claire P
Reviewed September 25, 2012

3 days in Seba Camp. everything was perfect. the rooms, the guides, activties, the staff, food, everything ! Dont't miss a half day on the boat to see the elephant rosing, suprise the buffalos.... Make sure to avoid the dry season, when you can't use the boat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple