We had 4 nights over Christmas 2007 at the wonderful Baines Camp run by Semma and Charl, the most lovely couple who make their camp run in smooth elegance. The accommodation is gorgeous and sleeping under the stars in our four-poster bed was quite an experience with the hippos munching all around us! The small pool and too sala's was a fabulous and most welcome place to snooze after the fantastic morning game drives. It has to be said that the food was exceptional. The chef coped unbelievably with our family's many peculiarities, ie, one kosher, one vegetarian and one that wont eat duck or lamb. The 4pm teas were the highlight of our whole holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary Baines’ Camp is our smallest and most intimate camp, built on raised platforms high above the Boro River in a huge private concession bordering the Moremi Game Reserve. An eco-friendly property built using only commercially grown wood, with over 150,000 recycled aluminium cans incorporated within the walls to provide insulation. The camp is raised above the permanent water of the Boro River while wooden walkways connect the main areas and luxury rooms. The swimming pool and the wide wooden deck that surrounds the main dining and sitting room is the ideal place to relax while observing the varied wildlife present here. See prowling lions looking for prey at the edge of the lagoon that the camp overlooks, or watch one of the many elephants who live in the area. The five suites at Sanctuary Baines’ are opulent and luxurious, with ensuite facilities and four-poster beds. Traditional safari ceiling fans create a cooling breeze at even the hottest times of the year. Should you wish, your bed can be wheeled out onto the private wooden deck for a night under the stars, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Boro River where hippo can often be spotted. Or take an indulgent soak under the stars on your own private viewing deck in our opulent star bath. At Baines’ Camp, the sky’s the limit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Sanctuary Baines' Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Baines` Camp Hotel Okavango Delta
- Sanctuary Baines' Camp Botswana/Okavango Delta