We stayed at Stanley's Camp in July and enjoyed the superb hospitality of Evelyn and Harry. They even allowed the soccer fans amongst our 7 teenagers to watch a match on their own television in the evening. Loved the cakes for tea provided by their Austrian chef. The main lodge is very stylish and has an Out of Africa feel. Campfire + marshmallow roasting in front of the main lodge. We did not see an abundance of wildlife but managed to find 4 spotted hyena, plenty of buffalo, giraffe etc.
The heated beds are a real treat and you will need them as it gets very cold at night (in July). Stanley the elephant was a very frequent visitor and hearing him near your tent at night is something you will have to get used to.
I would not recommend this for families with very young children as you can's leave your tent after dark without a guide to escort you through the dark!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary Stanley's is a classic tented camp with just eight tents built under an imposing African Ebony tree on a private concession overlooking the Okavango floodplains. Sanctuary Stanley's Camp is built on a 260,000 acre private concession in the renowned Okavango Delta. This traditional safari camp has a large lounge area and dining area with incredible views over the floodplains in front of camp. The main area features a bar from where refreshing drinks are always served with a smile, a small library area and curio shop. From the swimming pool - a real treat after a hot day of game viewing - guests can watch giraffe and other plains game march across the savannah and sometimes catch a glimpse of rare wild dogs. Everything about Sanctuary Stanley's Camp is built to the highest ecological standards so that we don't damage this highly sensitive area.The intimate camp features only eight safari canvas tents, each individually designed, furnished with African antiques that exude a classic and understated elegance that harks back to the explorers and colonialists of the 19th century. Each tent has a large wooden deck providing private areas where you can relax in a hammock while soaking in the surrounding sights and sounds or enjoy cocktails, before dinner is served in the spectacular dining mess. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Sanctuary Stanley's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Stanley`s Camp Hotel Okavango Delta
- Sanctuary Stanley's Camp Botswana/Okavango Delta