We stayed for three nights and wanted to stay longer. The factilties were wonderful, the food was fab. the staff were kind, helpful and very friendly, nothing was ever too much trouble.
We saw so much more on the game drives than we expected to and our trip on the dug out canoe was unbelievable. We felt safe at all times even though the wild life was very close. One afternoon we came back to find an elephant taking a bath right outside our tent. The tents really are as good as they look on the web site.
Each morning you are woken with a pot of fresh coffee and delicious nibbles then it's breakfast which is better than at many 5 star hotels where we have stayed in the past. After a morning game drive you get back just before lunch and after lunch you have a couple of hours to laze in the hammock or the bed on your balcony before setting of (after afternooon tea,) for your afternoon/evening game drive during which you are served drinks of your choice and nibbles as you watch the sun go down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary Stanley's is a classic tented camp with just eight tents built under an imposing African Ebony tree on a private concession overlooking the Okavango floodplains. Sanctuary Stanley's Camp is built on a 260,000 acre private concession in the renowned Okavango Delta. This traditional safari camp has a large lounge area and dining area with incredible views over the floodplains in front of camp. The main area features a bar from where refreshing drinks are always served with a smile, a small library area and curio shop. From the swimming pool - a real treat after a hot day of game viewing - guests can watch giraffe and other plains game march across the savannah and sometimes catch a glimpse of rare wild dogs. Everything about Sanctuary Stanley's Camp is built to the highest ecological standards so that we don't damage this highly sensitive area.The intimate camp features only eight safari canvas tents, each individually designed, furnished with African antiques that exude a classic and understated elegance that harks back to the explorers and colonialists of the 19th century. Each tent has a large wooden deck providing private areas where you can relax in a hammock while soaking in the surrounding sights and sounds or enjoy cocktails, before dinner is served in the spectacular dining mess. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Sanctuary Stanley's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Stanley`s Camp Hotel Okavango Delta
- Sanctuary Stanley's Camp Botswana/Okavango Delta