We stayed here for three nights in October and had a fabulous time. The accommodation is first rate and our housekeeper (Kerilenga) was very creative with our towels and seed designs on our bed. Upon our arrival we were picked up by our guide Alan who was the best we had during our 4.5 weeks in Africa. He was extremely knowledgable and easy to talk to. We were also fortunate to have Colin(Doc) as a spotter and we had lots of fun with both of them. The game viewing was quality ++++ with 5 viewings of leopards (with cubs) and just as many with lions (with cubs) amongst a stack of other, Giraffe, steenbeck, buffalo, myriads of birds, water monitors, other types of antelope. The drive through the watery roads added to the experience The food was amazing and nothing was too much trouble. The pool was a wonderful way to cool down as it is very hot in October although it is a dry heat. The sundowners were also a great way to finish off an afternoon of game viewing. Both Wilhelm and Jeremy were wonderful managers and weren't afraid to get in and help out when needed. I would not hesitate to recommend Sanctuary Stanley's camp or for that matter any of their camps if they are as well run as this one. As an added bonus we also did Walking with the Elephants which was an experience we will never forget. Thank you to all staff especially Alan and Doc for making our stay truly memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary Stanley's is a classic tented camp with just eight tents built under an imposing African Ebony tree on a private concession overlooking the Okavango floodplains. Sanctuary Stanley's Camp is built on a 260,000 acre private concession in the renowned Okavango Delta. This traditional safari camp has a large lounge area and dining area with incredible views over the floodplains in front of camp. The main area features a bar from where refreshing drinks are always served with a smile, a small library area and curio shop. From the swimming pool - a real treat after a hot day of game viewing - guests can watch giraffe and other plains game march across the savannah and sometimes catch a glimpse of rare wild dogs. Everything about Sanctuary Stanley's Camp is built to the highest ecological standards so that we don't damage this highly sensitive area.The intimate camp features only eight safari canvas tents, each individually designed, furnished with African antiques that exude a classic and understated elegance that harks back to the explorers and colonialists of the 19th century. Each tent has a large wooden deck providing private areas where you can relax in a hammock while soaking in the surrounding sights and sounds or enjoy cocktails, before dinner is served in the spectacular dining mess. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Sanctuary Stanley's Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Stanley`s Camp Hotel Okavango Delta
- Sanctuary Stanley's Camp Botswana/Okavango Delta