Tripadvisor
Okavango Delta
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews plunge pool minor criticism excellent accommodation game drives beautiful setting lodge airstrip boat water delta birds zebra buffalo land mokoro lion sightings
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2015 via mobile

Xudum was amazing! Beautiful setting, fantastic staff and outstanding food. Game viewing was great too. I do know it's more prolific in other parts of Botswana but we lucked out...lion, hippo, elephant, giraffe, hyena, warthog, all types of antelope, wildebeest, etc. In addition we followed a pack of wild dogs for over an hour as they hunted 2 mother Rhones. Though the 7 dogs were persistent, they could not overtake the Rhones who were not only protecting their lives but the lives of their babies hidden in the bush. But why I left my heart at Xudum is because of their extraordinary help in setting up Christmas in the bush for my kids.They put out a fabulous tree with African ornaments and helped put our gifts under the tree in the middle of the night. They also allowed the kids to put out milk and cookies for Santa and made sure he had his snack before the kids woke up. It was a magical time right before our morning game drive. We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: December 2014
3  Thank Donyale
Reviewed November 3, 2014

From the time we landed, stepped into motor boats and docked at Xudum, I was totally enamored. As with all the andBeyond camps I visited on this trip, the staff is what makes the experience over the top. They do whatever it takes to ensure your experience is everything you dreamed. The accommodations at this camp were absolutely wonderful - more than I every imagined. Hearing the animals and sounds at night while in bed is a phenomenal experience. The bathroom with its stained glass wall between the huge soaking bathtub and the shower was elegant. The rooftop lounging area and private plunge pool was over the top. The food was outstanding as with all the andBeyond camps. I didn't think there were as many animals here as there were at Sandibe but the experience and what we did see was still amazing. This is a special place with its sunset water safari and cocktails. I wanted to stay longer just to have a chance to spend a full day in camp enjoying the room, the food, the staff. This was one of my favorite andBeyond camps. Don't pass this one by - you'll be sorry.

Room tip: They are all good.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank walkfree
Reviewed October 26, 2014 via mobile

Xudum was my introduction to the Okavango Delta and what an introduction it was!!

The boat trip to the camp through the Delta was amazing! Elephants, hippo, red lechwe, monitor lizard and so many fabulous birds!!

The concession area is smaller than some of the other camps I visited but I saw so many wonderful things: elephant, zebra, giraffe, leopard, lion, Cape buffalo, wildebeest, gnu, impala.... My guides and tracker OT, MD and Bashi were great. They were so knowledgeable and took the time to show me the small things that make up this special place. Guides at other camps had nothing but praise for the quality and training of the &Beyond guides. Very well regarded in the industry!

The food and accommodation was excellent! I could have spent much more time in the rooftop area watching elephants and hanging out with the monkeys.

Date of stay: October 2014
1  Thank joannek89
Reviewed October 19, 2014

We loved our experience at Xudum - the service and friendliness of the staff were wonderful. Our safari experience on the water here was less than the other two camps we stayed at, save a beautiful pride of lions that we got to watch. But the water experience with the boats and mokoros are a peaceful way of exploring the Delta that you wouldn't get to experience any other way, so it was a great way to end our safari. The lodge was beautiful and the rooms too, save the top deck. Admittedly, it's hard to keep a place clean and welcoming when the monkeys take it over during the afternoons - which is what we're there for! But the steps leading up to the deck needed repair and the bed upstairs needed a little sprucing up to be welcoming.

The staff more than made up for this though. They served us well in every way - even having a special celebration for our anniversary with an African ceremony, cake, and champagne. We thoroughly enjoyed this place and the people and the whole experience.

Room tip: The rooms are very spread out; Cabins 1 - 3 especially are a very good distance away from the lodge. There are no phones in the room, so in the case of wildlife around your room before breakfast, dinner, or tea you must use the siren.
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2014

Real rustic luxury with a fantastic staff. I was traveling with my two kids, 11 and 14, and the staff could not have been more helpful or friendlier. Arriving back to the cabin after a day of game drives and finding a bubblebath and a bottle of sparkling wine all set up was a great touch. The food, the location and especially the people. What an experience!

Room tip: Only 8 cabins, all brilliant and quiet
Date of stay: September 2014