This was our first trip to Botswana and we were really looking forward to it. Have been to many game lodges in South Africa and wanted a different experience. Beautiful country with great game viewing. Zarafa is absolutely stunning with every convenience you could ever want. Lovely tented camp with beautiful accommodation. Service is outstanding, thank you to our hosts and Catherine for a lovely evening meal. Isaac our guide was very knowledgable and we enjoyed our game viewing with him.
There is no mobile network or internet at the camp so say goodbye to the world before you arrive
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zarafa evokes a sense of luxurious old-style safari with spaciousness and 21st-century eco-consciousness. About Zarafa CampEach of Zarafa's four sumptuous tents with generous veranda is positioned under cool, shady trees, fronting onto the idyllic Zibadianja Lagoon. The spacious bedroom has a lounge, en-suite bathroom with copper bath, indoor as well as outdoor shower, copper heater for cosy winters as well as its own private pool for summer. The main area, similarly furnished, evokes traditional safari ambiance. Lounge and dining facilities may be enjoyed under canvas or on the full-length shaded deck. The camp is run completely on solar heating and power.Environment and WildlifeThe Selinda Concession is dominated by a vast grassy floodplain interspersed with slightly elevated palm islands and aromatic sage bushes. Resident wildlife includes red lechwe, kudu, tsessebe, giraffe, warthog and steenbok. Top predators are lion and spotted hyaena, as well as cheetah, wild dog, side-striped jackal, serval and even aardwolf. Elephant, buffalo, wildebeest and zebra are other herbivores seen throughout the year, complemented with varied bird life.Experiencing Zarafa CampDay and night game drives in custom-built 4x4 vehiclesGuided nature walks (on request)Canoeing and house boat for private dining, evening or day trips into the lagoon and onto the riverCatch-and-release fishing (seasonal) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Great Plains Conservation Zarafa Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zarafa Camp Hotel Okavango Delta
- Great Plains Conservation Zarafa Camp Botswana/Okavango Delta