“pleasant, great people, good value”
Review of Algonkin Motel

Algonkin Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bainbridge
Algonkin Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bainbridge
Westminster
“pleasant, great people, good value”
Reviewed June 25, 2011

clean and comfortable, owner operated and pride of ownership shows. Did everything to insure we were satisfied. Helped with local referrals. Would love to go back!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank bobollie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Boston, MA
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed here for a business trip recently and, overall, was pleased with the stay. The motel is quite basic -- rooms are small and a bit dark, and furnishings are minimal. However, everything in my room was well maintained and very clean. The flat panel TVs have lots of cable channels and integrated DVD players, which is really nice given the limited entertainment options in the area. And the refrigerator was quite useful -- particularly since they clearly cleaned them between guests. The free wireless internet was reliable and very fast.

Overall, a nice alternative to driving 30 miles to the chains in Oneonta -- and hard to beat the $55 rate. However, if you're looking for luxury, look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank dtremit
DC Metro
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I chose this motel based on the other reviews. For the most part I was very happy with my stay. The room was clean and everything was in working order. WiFi was sufficiently fast. My only complaint was that the people in an upstairs room (not directly above mine) had their tv on so loud I had a hard time hearing MY tv. I don't know if the soundproofing just isn't enough or if those people had the tv on full volume, but I didn't sleep well and the tv was on all night (until around 6:30 am). Also, if you prefer a soft bed you are out of luck. Overall though it was a nice room and a good location.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Churchville
Reviewed May 17, 2011

This little, privately owned and operated motel is the kind we like to find. No frills to pay for that we don't want. Just an old-fashioned, park-at-the-door motel. Very clean and comfortable at a super rate, including a good discount for cash instead of credit card. If you want a comfortable stopover at a very good rate, you can't beat this.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Speaker777
Paterson, New Jersey
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I've stayed in other "motels" in upstate NY and had to check for bugs... and they've been a lot more money! The Algonkin is spotless! It's a nice little rustic family-owned hotel, all the comforts of home -- and a big 52" flatscreen TV! (which I did not expect for the amount of $ my friend and I paid for this room). Plus I was told that there is wifi in the rooms (but I couldn't check it out b/c I didn't bring my laptop on this trip). I stayed upstairs, room had 2 double beds, a small table and chairs, an addition chair, a small refrigerator and a microwave (in addition to the beautiful TV). There are also a good amount of channels for those that like to surf the chanels while falling asleep.

The bathroom is on the smaller size (but perfect for what I needed), shower, sink, additional lights above the mirror that you can use, toilet....all spotless, and they provide plenty of towels, soap....and actual name-brand toilet paper instead of the industrial sandpaper that most hotels provide.

The owners are super-sweet, and from what I hear they do everything themselves (including the cleaning of the rooms).

If you are in the Bainbridge area, i HIGHLY recommend this hotel -- it is a MUCH better value than the name brand hotels in nearby Sydney, Oneonta, and Oxford. If reserving for the canoe regatta on Memorial Day, book early, as it sells out quick. This room was an excellent value, and there were no hidden fees, taxes, or charges added like a regular hotel. What they tell you is what you pay! The only thing they charge extra for is paying with a credit card, but that's only 2 or 3 dollars to cover the 4% charge they get from MC or VISA.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank cattdogg
Broadway, VA
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Algonkin ain't the ritz, but at $55 per night it was good enough for our family to stay at on the way up to Vermont and on the way back. The downsides are that our room was small (think Microtel) and our small bed sloped toward the center and was noisey. But the positives are that this is a $55 motel that you don't have to be afraid to stay at, the rooms are clean, the bathroom is especially clean and functional, the tv, fridge, ac, and micro were all in good working order. And did I mention this place is only $55? It's a steal. I'd recommend this place to anyone, unless they were looking for something fancy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jimhBroadway
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed July 7, 2010

We stayed at the Algonkin during an overnight trip and could not have been more pleased. The room was absolutely spotless, everything looked brand new and it was the biggest bathroom we've ever had in a hotel. We've travelled to many big cities in and outside the country and a comparable room elsewhere would cost two to three times what we paid. The owners were wonderful, accomodating us on a full capacity weekend when we showed up early to check in. Also great location for a rural area, as there are several very nice and well priced restaurants close by.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank karenz61
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainbridge
Hampton Inn Oneonta
Super 8 Sidney NY
Super 8 Sidney NY
#1 of 1 in Sidney
The 1810 Juliand House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Algonkin Motel? Share your experiences!