“Loved It!!”
Review of Chobe Game Lodge

and 1 more site!
Chobe Game Lodge
Reviewed June 16, 2009

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at the Chobe Game Lodge - we thought it was the best!! They kept you busy with morning and late afternoon game drives and the mid-afternoon boat excursion. Loved that they kept us with one guide throughout our stay. Food and service were excellent - hope to visit again someday.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 21, 2009

My wife, older son and I had the wonderful experience of staying at the Chobe Game Lodge located within the Chobe National Park in Botswana which is a definite advantage for game viewing especially early in the morning.

The rooms were clean and roomy, the food excellent, and the game drives always exciting. There were warthogs wandering around the property during the day which makes for a very unique picture! The hotel staff and guides are friendly and very accommodating to your requests. Chobe Game Lodge rates right up there with the luxury resorts in Kruger National Park in South Africa.

I would highly recommend Chobe Game Lodge to families, couples or individuals who desire a luxury game lodge experience in Chobe National Park. The third party transportation with Wild Horizons to and from the Victoria Falls or Livingston Airports is excellent and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2009

Chobe Game Lodge is described in Lonely Planet as the Pinnacle of Luxury in Botswana. We were therefore expecting real 5 star standards and very much looking forward to our stay. However, the lodge was built in the 1970s and whilst it has been well maintained, the rooms are far from being 5 star. They are small, dated and need an urgent refurbishment. Nevertheless, the views over the Chobe River and beyond make up for this. It is also the only lodge located within the Chobe National Park with all rooms overlooking the river front - absolutely stunning sunsets!

The lodge is sold on an all inclusive basis and offers superb value for money for that reason - we did not have to put our hands in our pockets once and got great service, good food and good quality wine (as well as copious G&Ts!). You also get 3 activities included each day which are either a game drive or river cruise. This was my third safari experience (others in South Africa) and it was by far the best. The variety of game is superb and the guides very knowledgeable and friendly.

Would definitely recommend but don't expect 5 Star Luxury. The views, service and game drives will more than make up for this though!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James B
Reviewed April 27, 2009

It was while now back in April 2006 but stayed here for one night and one night only . What a fantastic lodge it was so beautiful . We did a tour round south africa, botswana and zimbabwe ( spell check ) .
This hotel was best thing about our stay altho Cape town is fab place but the wildlife here . I did get chased by monkey's through the lodge but my fault as trid to feed them lol the staff thought it was so funny when I jumped on reception desk screaming hehe . The staff are fab so friendly .
The animals around you are great we sat for ages just watching the monkeys by the pool . Be warned thought keep your things out of there sight as they stole lipstick from womans handbag ( very enteratining though ) . The warthogs around lodge are gorgeous too.
You can hear the hippos in the river . And the sunsets are amazing we all sat quietly and watched a big orange sun fade into the river just amazing.
The food was excellent . Buffet slection huge al my favourite types of things pasta's , salads, rice so much choice.
Then you sit outside with lanterns, and sounds of the river and enjoy with good company
fantastic.

Chobe game is beautiful we saw quite a few animals . My mind is getting bit blured as we did two games when out there but anything anyone wants to ask feel free and I will check my dates and answer .

I love africa the wildlife, the people, the culture, the scenary just amazing.

Stayed: April 2006
Reviewed February 24, 2009

My daughter and I spent 3 nights here- it was superb. The rooms were well appointed, incuding big fluffy bath robes and a free mini bar. Laundry was returned the same day.
There were 2 land rover trips and a river trip available each day, led by very knowledgeable guides, and we saw lots of game, in spite of it being the rainy season. The grounds of the lodge are extremely well kept, and were visited by families of mongooses and warthogs. The pool was good, although there was not much time to use it if you went on all the game viewing trips as we did.
The food was plentiful, although it was sometimes difficult to see what you were eating at dinner- it was dimly lit to avoid problems with insects.

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed February 23, 2009

Elephants and hippos galore, what a great place Chobe river is when the sun goes down. you can really get up close to the big game either via Chobe River or on a game drive. lots of other game to see as well as a huge variety of birds.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2009

I really enjoyed my overall stay in Chobe. The resort was very nice and clean. The customer service was also really nice. I am rating it a little bit lower due to the fact that I was very uncomfortable with the food. The meals there are all inclusive and in the form of a buffet. Most of the time they had one main meal that they served and a good selection salads and fruits. Unfortunately, I am allergic to shrimp and shelfish. I was very unconfortable that they cooked my food on the same grill (without cleaning it) as they did food that included shelfish. I also didn't like that they did not have a TV in the room.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chobe National Park
#19 of 21 in Chobe National Park
Sanctuary Chobe Chilwero
Sanctuary Chobe Chilwero
#4 of 21 in Chobe National Park

Been to Chobe Game Lodge? Share your experiences!