All reviews pangolin photo open fire kasane airport the camp manager hot water game viewing two nights comfortable bed no electricity travel planner highlights include battery powered running water second stop entire safari safari experience elephants swimming
Reviewed June 30, 2015 via mobile

This was our first stop in our very first african safari, we spent two nights here and it was so amazing that that would have been enough for us if we didnt see anything in the rest our our trip! First the game viewing: Max was an amaaazing guide! He is so knowledgable and took us to the right place at the right time! We got to see how the animals really are in their own habitat and it was so thrilling! Elephants, tons of elephants, lions, buffalo, hippos, monkeys, jackals, giraffes, birds.. We know we would not have seen that many and doing what they were doing if it wasnt for Max. We got to see a dead elephant (he died of natural causes) and how the lioness looked up in the sky and saw vultures and proceeded to walk towards the elephant, scared the vultures away and the day after brought her pride incluiding 4 cubs to share the elephant... Just magical!
As for the camp: details everywhere!!!! I've camped since I was 2 and never seen anything like this.. The tents, they think of everything just to make you sooo comfortable and pampered but at the same time you feel like you are in a geniune camping trip. The towels, bucket shower and amenities are so nice, the bed is sooo comfy BEST NAP OF MY LIFE! Food is fantastic! From the morning hot chocolate thru lunch and dinner.. Im a very picky eater and I loved all the food! Its very cool how the camp only has 5 tents which makes getting to know the people who are also there a lot of fun! Our hosts were so nice and I cant image gettinf treated better than that...I cant even put everything we experienced in this review but I will say that this is one of the most memorable couple of days of my life and that I will be back

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Anatirijilla
Reviewed June 22, 2015 via mobile

Chobe Under Canvas is a rustic, glamping experience. Tents have everything you need. Very comfortable. Food amazing considering the camp moves every 6 days. We were blessed with Max as our guide who always seemed to be one step ahead for animal sightings. If you are considering going to Chobe, do try Under Canvas with &Beyond - you won't regret it.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank JAASydney
Reviewed June 20, 2015

We spent two nights at andBeyond Chobe Under Canvas as part of our safari tour through Botswana and South Africa. It was truly a fantastic experience! Of all the safari camps and lodges in which we stayed, Chobe Under Canvas was the most unique; it really felt like we had Chobe National Park to ourselves. The tents are spacious and comfortable, and we were pleasantly surprised by the ensuite bathroom, complete with a flushing toilet and hot-bucket shower. The food and drinks were also excellent, which exceeded our expectations, considering our location within the Park. Our wildlife experience at Chobe Under Canvas was also amazing. We will never forget falling asleep at night listening to the sounds of lions roaring in the distance and elephants walking through the bush!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Otters14
Reviewed April 17, 2015

We spent three nights in Chobe, the accommodation was certainly rustic, but extremely comfortable and the attentiveness of the staff certainly compensated for any lack of comfort. The food was excellent, and the staff all delightful.

Our daily two game drives we both rewarding and exciting, our guide KD was exceptional and he certainly made our trip most memorable, I can't wait to do it all again.

Room tip: Ralax and let yourself be spolt
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank tomuPhuket_Thailand
Reviewed September 27, 2014 via mobile

This is the 3rd trip with andBeyond, and we were at serangati under canvass with them too. Somehow the service seems to be lacking and not to the standard as in Serengeti. Its not bad but I may have got use to their high standards. Then again from there I went to 2 other andBeyond sites no doubt its a permanent Lodge but I think the service needs to be up or the people there should be trained on what andbeyound service level should be.

Date of stay: September 2014