“Good food, not so good service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Captree Cove Fish House
Ranked #59 of 73 Restaurants in Babylon
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Stopped in for some apps and cocktails. Didn't know much about the restaurant before hand but was in the area and figured I would give it a try. The atmosphere is very casual, great view of Captree State Park Park. Was expecting much so I was pleasantly surprised with the food. Probably the best Calamari I have had in a while, very good mussels as well. Although I was very happy with food, the service was not very good. Member of staff came over to apologize explaining that some staff called in sick that morning. This is not your typical restaurant but would recommend if you are in the area and want to grab a quick bite and a few cocktails.

1  Thank Rob H

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I brought the whole family to Captree Cove to celebrate my wife's birthday. There were 6 adults,
three children ages 2 to 12 and twin infants. They had plenty of room to accommodate us. The restaurant is located at Captree Park near the Charter/Party Boat fleet. The restaurant is upstairs and the large windows lining three sides of the dining room offer views of the Captree State Park, the waterways and the fleet. The menu is varied and they offer daily specials. The prices are moderate to high. For appetizers, we had the Lobster Bisque, PEI Mussels, Steamers, Shrimp Cocktail and Buffalo Calamari. All were very good. My choice for the main entree was the Pecan Crusted Tilapia with a raspberry sauce, rice pilaf and vegetables. I enjoyed it. Others in the family tried the Chicken Parmigiana, the Crabmeat Stuffed Flounder and the Broiled Atlantic Salmon (we asked for Cajun style and it was prepared it that way). The wait staff was very helpful and efficient. I highly recommend the Captree Cove restaurant for an enjoyable day out.

1  Thank lipapaloNewyork
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Had the lobster bisque soup and almost broke my tooth. There was a pretty big piece of lobster claw in the soup. Waiter said "at least you know it's made out of real lobster!" It was also watered down. Crab cake was good but pricey. Rest of meal was ok. View was nice.

1  Thank Mary Ann T