“Lunch gone wrong”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Gemelli Ristorante

Gemelli Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Gemelli Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 72 Restaurants in Babylon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Sayville, New York
“Lunch gone wrong”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Met a friend for lunch. The first choice wasn't open so we went to Gemelli's instead. Waitstaff was wonderful. Food on the other hand wasn't. We shared an antipasto which consisted of calamari, shrimp, baked clams and artichoke hearts. The calamari was soggy the shrimp extremely overcooked and the baked clams tasted like baked bread crumbs. The artichoke was the best thing on the plate and it was ok at best. We both ordered individual margarita pies. To me they tasted like a thin crust pizza with some basil leaves on top. We both agreed that the mint they served with the pricy check and the water we drank was the best part of the meal. We got a chuckle out of that because those things were complimentary along with the bread. So if you go, get the bread, water and a check and you will have had the best of Gemellis fine food.

• Visited July 2012
5 Thank Krazy8

West Babylon, New York
“Home cooking at its finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Wether its two people, or a family this brings your back to home cooking. Exceptional meals, personal service and a cozy, clean atmosphere. If you cater an affair you wont be disapointed. This is not a chain like food. Every plate is like our grandparents made. Salads are exceptional, pasta, meats etc. The zucchini flower in season is something to try. I could go on and on, but try it for yourself. From a romantic dinner to family dinners and catered parties, i have experienced it all. Congratulations to the Gemelli Family for giving us a place to come home to when we are not at home.

• Visited May 2012
commack
“my 2 daughters and myself, and my 16yr old tels it how it is”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

my oldest daughter happened to be in babylon on sat working so decided take her and 16 yr old sister to gemellies..well ernesto our server was great, very informative..liked the restauraunt from the start.. the recomdation 0f wine 16 yr old had sprite as did i..every dish was great,,vongulay clams,,gnocchi, veal marsallaand the shrimp , this was the best rstauraut we have been to in yrs,,,es it was an expensive evening but worth every penny...cant wait to go back,,mr mark'lamoda'FIELDS,

• Visited May 2012
Long Island, NY
“Great Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

This is a great local authentic Italian restaurant! Everything about it was great - food, service, atmosphere - would definitely recommend!

New York State
“Beautiful, welcoming and professional”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

Ristorante Gemelli is an italian restaurant in the truest sense. It is a family-run establishment; not a chain or a marketing gimmick. They built this house (quite literally) and you are their guest.

The place is beautiful, the tables well-spaced, the lighting is soft but not too dim. The chairs are comfortable. The wait staff is very professional and superbly managed. The kitchen is very good. Every effort has been made to give their patrons a great meal in an elegant but relaxed setting.

If I have any criticism at all it would be that the kitchen has become more Americanized over the years: The portions are generally too big to enjoy a proper 3-4 course dinner and the dishes have become heavier in terms of the sauces and some of the ingredients. However, these changes are in direct response to their client's expectations. As one of the owners once said to me: "We are here to please, not to educate."

As aforementioned, bring your appetite when you go. All of the appetizers are great but Polenta with mushroom ragu is my personal favorite. I generally order the soup rather than the pasta for a first course because it is always innovative and delicious although the home-made ravioli of the day is invariably spectacular as well. The second-course daily specials are always seasonal and fresh but the steaks are soooooo good it is hard to pass them up. Be reminded that the family's first business in this country was a butcher shop/salumeria.

I have seen this restaurant respond gracefully to rude guests who think it is cool to order off the menu on a crowded Saturday night. By the same token, I have brought guests with legitimate dietary restrictions because I know that I can count on the kitchen making something that will be pleasing to them. I have been there when they struggled to accommodate large parties who came an hour late for their reservations . They are, in short, restaurateurs of the highest order.

• Visited November 2011