“I have never paid 100$ for dinner and left hungry”

Babylon Carriage House
Ranked #7 of 72 Restaurants in Babylon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Lindenhurst, New York
“I have never paid 100$ for dinner and left hungry”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I'm not pleased I've been here many times in the past in the party room and its been wonderful. I came on Thursday, checked the website about specials or a pre fixed menu, nothing and when I called nothing was told to me I wasn't allowed to order off the regular menu. So when I received the paper menu for valentines day I was not happy to see this. I spent $100 on a dinner with good food but I have never in my life left a restaurant still hungry I will not be returning here I would rather spend my hard earned money elsewhere. Service was very slow was not greeted within 2 minutes like a good server should more like 20 minutes.

2 Thank Rfrancis11

Massapequa, New York
“Very Disappointed!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We're giving this an average rating ONLy because the Lobster dinner was decent. For $19.95 a good deal, but very skimpy o the clams and mussels. The corn was a joke, a few tablespoons of kernels thrown on the plate! Made a reservation for 7 P.M. the table was ready on time, but unfortunately NOT ONE server came to our table for over 15-20 minutes! My Husband finally hailed down a waiter asking if we can please have some kind of service, with that our waitress about 20 yrs old says you could not have been here that long, well, we were check our reservation 7 it is now 7:20 you do the math!! Attitude, no I'm sorries at all!! We order the drinks, figured lets order dinner at the same time. We got our drinks, and literally 2 minutes later our food, are you kidding me??? We figured they did this on purpose, how could we enjoy our $12 cocktails cracking a lobster apart?? NEVER saw the waitress again, a waiter came by to offer dessert, NO THANKS!! Never asked how our meal was. This place is a joke, it's run by 20 year olds who could care less about the customer! The food is OK, no big deal.Place shabby in recent years. If the owner was smart, I'd get that MYSTERY DINER from Food Network in, and let them decide if the service is good for themselves! The service is horrendous. Having 20 year olds run this place has to go, people with $$ to spend are married couples like us. This place won't last long. We have been here 4 times, and each time it gets worse, never again, too many fantastic places on Long Island to choose from, and the parking is a nightmare!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank judydaisey1
Hauppauge, New York
“Something for everyone...”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great place to meet up with friends...the food is delicious and the atmosphere/music is fun. If you are looking for a place to meet for drinks with friends and grab a bite, this is a great option.

Visited November 2012
Babylon, NY
“ok”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Nice ambiance but the food is only ok. Prices are a little high for what you get. Ate in the party room upstairs and the decor was less than inspiring.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank bornanbredinBabylon
NY
“Can you say SLOW Service?”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I thought the food was mediocre at best, and the service was sub-par for sure. It is run by 20 somethings who are irrevrant and have no sense of hat customer service is all about. It took forever to get our drinks and then it went down hill from here. There were no apologies--only excuses. It wasn't even as though there was anyone else to speak with because from the hostess to the bartender they were maybe 22 years old at the oldest and had nothing to say but shrug their shoulders. Not going back in any hurry!

• Visited November 2012