“Love the Tatami Room”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Shiki is a delightful. We went for a small birthday dinner and reserved seats in the Tatami Room which made it a little more special than just going out for sushi. The food was fresh and the service was spot on. We all enjoyed the Spicy Tuna Avocado Salad so much that we ordered more. I normally prefer my oyster cold with champagne, however a guest ordered the Kaki-Fry (fried oysters) and I have now become a fan of cooked oysters as well. Because we were there on the weekend the sushi was available with an abundant selection including Toro and Uni.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Eating in the tatami room is always the best. It is private, the service is wonderful, and the food is terrific. The menu variety is great.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have visited many sushi restaurants up and down the east cost. Right here at home resides the best.

Shiki Sushi always has the freshest highest quality fish of all my experiences. The menu is varies and the dishes always have a terrific variety of fresh seafood. Considering the high quality the menu has very reasonable prices.

The service at Shiki is always welcoming and attentive. The restaurant is always kept impeccable. The sushi chefs are amazingly friendly and creative.

If you are looking for a sushi dinner Shiki is the place to start. Be warned though if you start here all others will be a disappointment.

As everywhere in Babylon if you come on a weekend night be prepaired to look for a parking space.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have been going to Shiki for about ten years. Hadn't been there for a few months and decided to go back. It's as great as always! Such friendly service. Had our favorite..broiled oysters on the half shell with garlic sauce. WOW, just fab. Had the crazy roll, kakamaki roll, caribbean roll, octopus salad, eel sashimi,very crispy. All wonderful! The only downside of going to this restaurant is the trouble parking. Other than that, one of the best.

Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Nice restaurant. A bit too crowded for me. The quality of the food is very good just overpriced.
The last time I wax there, the rolls seemed to have gotten smaller. I pay attention to detail all the time. This really bothered me because they were overpriced to begin with.