“Town of Babylon makes it a crime to be in public over .08 Blood alcohol” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Del Fuego

Del Fuego
Ranked #17 of 71 Restaurants in Babylon
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Port Washington, NY
“Town of Babylon makes it a crime to be in public over .08 Blood alcohol”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great food. Service is so so. But stay away from Babylon if you want to drink just a couple of margaritas. Walk out of the door at just .08 and break the law in Babylon.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

new york
“Second trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is the second time here. I went this past week with my husband as he's never been here yet. We arrived before 6:30 which is when their happy hour ends. Ordered margaritas which were ok last time and still just ok this time. I changed my drink to sangria for the next round and was much happier. Large glass, good flavors just very strong.
We were started with the chips and salsa. Salsa is hot!!! Be careful we were overwhelmed by it. It had good flavors but would have been a lot better if it were milder so we could have enjoyed it.
For appetizers we ordered the plantains and citrus tequila shrimp. The plantains were very puffy and tasted good. Not sure what happened to the "citrus" or "tequila" in these supposed infused shrimp. It was a few pieces of shrimp with jalapeno and pumpkin seeds thrown on top. There was no flavor at all. I had to squeeze a lime on it and sprinkle it with salt so it had some taste.
For dinner my husband had the Yucatan chicken enchiladas and I had the shrimp tacos.
My shrimp were cold so I asked if they could heat them up but they ended up heating my soft shells into hard crunchy ones which I didn't like but the tacos themselves were good. When the waitress cleared our table she asked if we wanted anything wrapped. I wanted my tacos, rice and beans packed up. My husband didn't want his but he said he'd take it home for the dog. So we get home and my tacos AND his enchilada were in the same container and my rice and beans nowhere to be found. So now my tacos were all soggy and I could only eat the inside the next day. I can't believe they couldn't give us two containers? So this coupled with the fact that the servers who didn't have tables were all talking right behind us, (where is the manager? This should not be done in front of customers), I don't think we'll be coming back.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank NewYorkTarmale
West Babylon, New York
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We tried this place on high recommendation. We were not disappointed. Prompt, attentive and friendly service. Nice selection of craft beer on tap, as well as a large tequila list. Big menu with a lot of interesting choices. Food came out super fast and was fantastic. Very fresh and tasty. Can't wait to go back and try something else. Del Fuego, you are En Fuego.

New York City, New York
“Awful service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stopped for lunch around 1pm yesterday, Labor Day Monday. We hadn't been there before but liked the decour and menu and thought we would give it a try. I can't tell you if the food was good because we never received our food order and had to leave without eating. The restaurant had several tables seated when we arrived but was not overly crowded. We only ordered 3 tacos apiece, so it wasn't a large or complicated order. The table next to us had ordered their food about 5 minutes ahead of us and we figured we would get our food shortly thereafter. After almost 30 minutes of waiting, we asked our waitress and she said the kitchen was backed up and our food would be coming. So we continued to wait. The table on the other side of us ordered their food almost 30 minutes after we placed our order and when their tacos were brought over and we still hadn't received our food we got up to leave. When we told the waitress that we didn't understand why the table next to us got their food and we had been waiting for more than half an hour (really about 40 minutes at this point) and hadn't received ours all she could say was that the kitchen was backed up and it was coming. The whole time we waited, the waitress never checked in on us, never apologized for the delay and looked completely confused as to why we left. I will never go there again. Maybe I will try Swell Taco next time.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
long Island
“Great food, can't wait to go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was my first time trying since they opened. The restaurant is very cute and inviting. The food is excellent. Prices are decent. Like several others have said, food comes out slowly (there were only a few others in the restaurant). Ordered two tequila shots. Mine was suppose to have pineapple and chocolate subtleties, but tasted like regular tequila. A little disappointed for a $10 shot. My friend ordered a different tequila and had the same issue. I would definitely go back for the food.