“Awful service”

Del Fuego
Ranked #8 of 78 Restaurants in Babylon
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stopped for lunch around 1pm yesterday, Labor Day Monday. We hadn't been there before but liked the decour and menu and thought we would give it a try. I can't tell you if the food was good because we never received our food order and had to leave without eating. The restaurant had several tables seated when we arrived but was not overly crowded. We only ordered 3 tacos apiece, so it wasn't a large or complicated order. The table next to us had ordered their food about 5 minutes ahead of us and we figured we would get our food shortly thereafter. After almost 30 minutes of waiting, we asked our waitress and she said the kitchen was backed up and our food would be coming. So we continued to wait. The table on the other side of us ordered their food almost 30 minutes after we placed our order and when their tacos were brought over and we still hadn't received our food we got up to leave. When we told the waitress that we didn't understand why the table next to us got their food and we had been waiting for more than half an hour (really about 40 minutes at this point) and hadn't received ours all she could say was that the kitchen was backed up and it was coming. The whole time we waited, the waitress never checked in on us, never apologized for the delay and looked completely confused as to why we left. I will never go there again. Maybe I will try Swell Taco next time.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was my first time trying since they opened. The restaurant is very cute and inviting. The food is excellent. Prices are decent. Like several others have said, food comes out slowly (there were only a few others in the restaurant). Ordered two tequila shots. Mine was suppose to have pineapple and chocolate subtleties, but tasted like regular tequila. A little disappointed for a $10 shot. My friend ordered a different tequila and had the same issue. I would definitely go back for the food.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

This place is horrible...the service is beyond terrible and the food takes forever to come out...we were asked if we wanted chips and salsa and we said yes and it took at least 15 minutes for it to come out....the other food that we ordered off the menu also took forever to come and and was only average....I could probably make better tacos at my house
Its too bad because they have a great tequila selection...needless to say...we won't be going back anytime soon.

1  Thank MrsRI
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I met a friend in Babylon Village for lunch on a Monday. Monday is generally a day when many restaurants are closed. We like the atmosphere when we arrived. We were seated at a pub style table near the window. They had drinks specials on Mondays. It was half priced Margaritas. They were very good. My friend had The Taco lunch special ($2 for any taco) She ordered a pulled pork and a chicken. They smelled delish and were each very colorful and had different toppings inside. One had red cabbage that she oohed and ahhed over. She enjoyed them. I ordered the Fuego Salad with Shrimp. It was awesome. It had mango and avocado but the dressing was so delicious that I could have drank it.
I can't wait to go back since the drinks and food were so delicious. I think that our bill was under $30. Awesome!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

OK - I'm from Texas, so I can judge Tex-Mex. A co-worker suggested we eat at this restaurant and, honestly, I was not expecting much... it was NY after all. However WAS I EVER WRONG! The food was amazing. The variety of sauces mind boggling. The service was great. The location was quaint. Either before or after you eat, you have to walk around Babylon Village - cute cute cute! Can't say enough great things about the restaurant. Would definitely visit again when in the area!

2  Thank Randall W