“Welcome to Relaxation!”

Laura Lee
Ranked #5 of 17 things to do in Babylon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Captree's Fishiest family friendly full service open/party boat. We sail daily at 7 AM, 1 PM, & 6 PM, and 11 PM Friday, Saturday, and Holiday Eves.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 26, 2013

As a lifetime Long Islander, caught up in the stresses of today's busy world, I decided to take myself, and 2 children on a chartered fishing boat. Fishing has always been my favorite form of relaxation and something that I share as a hobby with my sons. It has become difficult for me to spontaneously go out to fresh water lakes or off docks as I am physically impaired and can no longer carry the essentials needed for that type of fishing. I chose The Laura Lee for our adventure as I've heard nothing but rave reviews of it's Captains and crew, as well as it's longevity. To begin with, I looked at their website for information and I found way more than I could've ever expected! They take great pride in what they do, from up to the minute exact counts and species of each trip's catch with photos, to actual recipes for the fish that you will be try to catch. That website is worth it's weight in gold! I hoped that our trip would be as thoughtfully planned out, like the Laura Lee's website, with attention to each and every detail. I was amazed immediately as the crew greet you to board and offer assistance in picking out a comfortable location for you on the boat. Everyone introduces themselves and creates a warm atmosphere as they explain what will happen on your trip. I was instantly shocked at how immaculate this vessel was maintained, from the deck floor to the restrooms! They have private restrooms for both men and women that are pristinely kept as well as the indoor cabin area that contains at least ten or more booth type tables and seating like you would find in a restaurant. The crew is at your side baiting your hooks while giving terrific instructions on how to go about fishing for what that days' catch is constantly. When you catch a fish, and you will, before you can think of it, there is a mate next to you to guide or assist in the capture of whatever is on the end of your pole. I could have never hoped for even an eighth of how easily the trip went, and I was so excited that I journeyed out with The Laura Lee again, not long after my first trip! The crew clean and fillet your catch in front of you as well as asking if and how you would like that done. Bar none, this is the way to fish-comfortably, happy and somewhat spoiled! All things considered, the entire experience was unbelievable. The Laura Lee with it's Captains, cleanliness and customer service is nothing short of a class act, so don't miss it!!

2  Thank Laura C
in 5 reviews
"bay"
"capt"

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Ok, so I have been on fishing boats all over the world, in fact the day before yesterday, I went on an all night fishing trip on the Brooklyn VI out of Brooklyn ( which is not a boat I would advise going on in any way shape or form see my review), and I got to tell you this boat, is by far the best boat, in oh so many ways. There were lots of choices at Captree, but since this boats website did the best keeping up on fish reports, and I read reviews on yelp (hint always read the reviews that are not posted because yelp always unfairly screens them and deletes good ones, I know because they do it on my own business here) So moving along, I took a chance on this one ... and glad I did! First off, the mates on this boat are first class mates. They were there for you every time, you turned around, they knew what you needed before you did, and they were experts at what they do. They were friendly and helpful, like no other boat I have been on. We actually did a late afternoon trip and then stayed for the evening trip, because after all we were on a fishing trip. Danny and Renee, and so many others we our mates and like I said, amazing mates. Yes you read correctly that was a girls name I mentioned.. and yes she does everything and more they guys do .. ok maybe not more, but she rocked as well (unless of course you catch an eel :)

BUT with all that being said, mates are no good, if you dont catch fish right ... during the day the capt took us to several spots in the bay and every time, everyone on board caught fish, but he kept moving us, so we might find the bigger ones. I saw a lot of happy faces on that trip, myself including and my two friends with me. I caught 2 sea bass, 15 flukes and 5 porgies. During the night trip, Capt Jim took us out on the ocean, and let me tell this guy can put you on the fish. We stopped and I dropped the line to bottom (65 feet) and I caught almost every kind of fish imaginable, every cast that is where I didn't lose my bait of course. AND it was that way night long. I caught, 3 sharks, 3 fluke, 4 sea bass, 10-12 porgies, 2 blues 3 sea robins a fish that looked like a sting ray, and 2 eels and a few other kinds of fish I dont remember the names? My friends did even better than me and 1 of them won the contest (we gave all of the winnings to the mates as a tip for helping us)

It was a great day, and a great trip and we were so happy we are going back for blues at the end of the month !!!!! AS YOU CAN TELL I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOAT !!

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I have fished on many party and charter boats over the years. I find the Laura Lee to be just average in service. I think there are some better boats out there. This boat is known as a classic so it is usually over crowded.

1  Thank Andrewdaddy
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Took my daughter fishing for her 6th birthday. what a great day we had and to top it off she caught a 7.45lb fluke. highly recommend this boat. crew is great. Best at captree!! Can't wait to take her fishing again!!!!