“Take A Lesson From Barrique”

Barrique Kitchen and Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 78 Restaurants in Babylon
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

When they first opened I had a terrible experience and vowed never to return. The waitstaff was insulting (and I've got thick skin my friends), ignorant of their menu, and dismissive. I swore I would never come back. "But ToD, why did you give them 5 stars?", you might ask. Because I got dragged there by my wife and some friends and being the reasonable guy I am, I didn't want to make a scene. I am glad I don't make scenes. From the host to the bartenders to the waitstaff, everyone was so gracious and so knowledgable about all the wines they carried (a big sticking point with me wherever I go) and all of the charcuterie, that I was smitten. The place is beautiful and the guests seem so happy and friendly. Is it loud? Well...yes. But that is the kind of European vibed gathering spot this is. Go. Enjoy.

PS-I told everyone that was there on my first night back of my terrible first impression and how they spun me 540 degrees around. They thanked me for coming back (very gracious) and the host told me they had indeed some wrinkles to iron out. Man, did they iron them out. Every business out there should take note. Well done Barrique.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Phenomenal wine list, interesting tasty dishes and tapas style offerings. Small and tightly packed tables are set in a rustic style with wooden tables and exposed beams. Weekends and many other nights can be tough to get a table without a wait. The food and wine are worth it, but it can get short on comfort space.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Loved this place. Went with two friends and enjoyed it HUGELY. Ambience is charming, and no pressure. Small plates cuisine is wonderful; especially cheese selection,pizza selection, hummus selection. We consider this place a real find in a great restaurant town!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Barrique's small plate concept lends to sharing several different dishes, always fun, Food was great,, expansive wine list.
We chose to eat in the courtyard, quieter, more romantic, New Orleansish

Reviewed June 27, 2012

We love this little place in the heart of Bablyon! Food is great, yes the portions aren't huge but you leave satisfied guiltfree. Flavors are fabulous and the whether you sit in the restaurant, sidewalk table or on the side courtyard area...the atmosphere is screaming TGIF!