“Everlasting unforgetable memories of a world class experience in fyn bos paradise!”

Grootbos Private Nature Reserve
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My honeymoon night spent in a suite which was heavenly to say the least. It was private and quiet, had every top comforts which was fit for and made me feel like a queen, spectacular unspoilt fauna and flora, a mesmerising view with private pool and superbly furnished. The staff were so professional, helpful, friendly and willing to assist with my every wish. The meals were mouthwatering good - presentation, menu selection and taste was world class. the activities offered to the guests had us in awe and we loved the adventures. We had the honour to meet the owner, Michael, who was warm, welcoming and personally took the time to meet with his guests. Our stay there was spectacular and we loved every minute of this breathtaking piece of paradise! Thank you Michael and your wonderful staff for making or stay so memorable!

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and I got married at Grootbos on the beach and it was wonderful! We could not have been happier or expected more. We rented the villa and enjoyed having our close family and friends share our day with us. Florentina and all the staff could not have been more helpful or attentive, they were fantastic and made our day very memorable. They took care of everything and made sure that everything was of the highest quality. The food was spectacular and the rooms were both spacious and luxurious. The view from Grootbos is spectacular and would highly recommend a trip to Grootbos.

Room Tip: We rented the main villa which sleeps six and for a family or close friends this was wonderful.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had such a lovely stay at this little peace of heaven! Everything was superb! The staff were super friendly and knowledgeable. Nothing was too much trouble! It was sort of a be-lated short honeymoon, and everyone went out of their way to make our stay memorable! Especially Bennie, Lana and Sean, they were the best! And the food was stunning!! We were spoilt rotten!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

From the moment we arrived here we were impressed with the outstanding views and the warm welcome from the staff. We stayed in the Garden Lodge and I was hesitant after reading some reviews, but our expectations were very much exceeded by the stylish and comfortable suite.

They have a large range activities that are included such as evening coastal whale watching followed by sundowners overlooking the sea where I was amazed at how many whales there were and how close they get to the shore. We also took advantage of a guided visit to the Klipgat caves, which are well worth a visit.

An early morning trip out on the sea with Dyer Island Cruises (fantastic, professional crew) was arranged for us and we were rewarded with some very close viewing of many Southern Right whales as well as a glimpse of a Great White shark, thousands of seals, penguins and lots of sea birds.

The food is delicious and all of the staff are very friendly and helpful, in particular the lovely Natasha who did her best to make every aspect of our stay most enjoyable.

1  Thank bill_creative
Reviewed October 2, 2012

All I can say is that this heavenly place is a must for anyone's bucket list. Instant relaxation the minute you arrive, friendly staff, mouthwatering cuisine, incredible scenery - just all round awesomeness! Thanks to Tertius, Sean, Mariska, Natasha & Staff for your incredible hospitality and service beyond expectation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Werner P
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were invited by a group of friends to join them for a weekend at this beautiful five star hotel. We were blown away by the level of service and the setting. The rooms were tasteful, spacious and well equipped. The stand alone units were extremely private and secluded, we could even enjoy an outside shower with a magnificent view. I highly recommend an evening dinner in the boma under the trees and fairy lights, its quite magical. I could not fault our weekend here. Don't be put off by the location - Gansbaai is beautiful. I would not recommend this for children.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I wish there were more words in the dictionary to explain my experience but there aint.

I spent a few days at Grootbos and had the best time of my life! The service was beyond amazing, the staff friendlier than any I have ever seen and the quality of food, décor attention to detail and everything else was just wow, from the top shelf is an understatement.

To add onto that I was also quite lucky to experience the most beautiful sunsets and sunrises over the fynbos from the confort of my own bed and from the whale house where we had sparkling wine and some snacks. I did all the activities and of course took advantage of the horse riding (I love it soo much!), everyone was really helpful and made my stay there just soo good that it was really difficult to check out. I give Grootbos a 20 out of 10 all around! Amazing place!

Room Tip: Both Garden Lodge and Forest lodge is amazing! If you love being close to nature Garden lodge is whe...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Misty Waves Boutique Hotel Hermanus
Harbour House Hotel
Harbour House Hotel
#7 of 11 in Hermanus

Been to Grootbos Private Nature Reserve? Share your experiences!