“Fresh Fish, it is flapping good”
Review of The Fish Lady

The Fish Lady
Ranked #7 of 27 Restaurants in Gansbaai
Gansbaai, South Africa
“Fresh Fish, it is flapping good”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I must say, reviewing tours, hotels and airlines the best is to try out new local and different eating places. It is difficult due you can just arrived and get the waiter in a down mood because someone drive over his cat.

If the review are bad due to service, food is cold or they forgot to bring you drink on time or ever it is still worth to try places with not so good or excellent reviews. Like I said off day is an off day.

I do like to compare prices for the same meal at different places. When it come to fish and chips down below here in South Africa our seafood are cheap in standards to Europe and the UK.

So are a little take away tuck away on Main Street, Gansbaai that served you fresh fish, so fresh you have to wait for it. I have sent some of guests. I do hardly recommend any place because I do not want to put my head on a block and be beaten to death if the meal where not worth the price and effort.

Especially if Portuguese guests say it is good and they are coming from a Island between Africa and the Canary Islands. So after a few guests reports, Swiss, German, Dutch and few take away from my side I want the world to know.

The prices are good, you can take away you fish, calamari and chips or eat at the tables. Just ask for a place and indicate you want to eat at this joint. Eyeing the locals that stream in and order, then you know this is good food. The portions are a little big, so if your eyes are usually bigger than you mouth try it. It is run by a husband and wife family so you will get good service....

• Visited February 2014