“What an experience!”

Shark Cage Diving South Africa
More attraction details
Owner description: Thrilling cage diving experience close to Cape Town .A unique opportunity to visit the wonder of the great white shark in a safe and professional environment . Experience sheer adrenalin of meeting great white sharks .
Bridgend, United Kingdom
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“What an experience!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I am afraid that I elected to stay on the boat but my husband went down in the cage and was fortunate enough to see these terrifying but magnificent and much maligned predators up close and personal. He said it was an experience of a life time. Rather cold way off shore though and a mist did descent but none of this detracted from the adventure. Staff very helpful and amusing.

• Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
Toronto, Canada
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Thrilling!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We left at 5AM in a bus to drive down to the tip of Africa where the two oceans meet. The drive was about 2 hours and we arrived to Gansbaai in Western Cape. We had a quick breakfast and went over the safety rules of the dive. We went out on the boat, suited up and were able to get into the cage with five adults in at a time. You were in the water (so cold) for about 5-10 minutes at a time, and I choose to go in once, while my brother went in twice. My parents paid to go out on the boat, but not into the water which is also an option - my dad still regrets not going into the cage. They bait the water with chum and fish and the great whites came right away. They would bite the cage and scare the pants off of you, but you could see them up close and personal, as you would submerge under the water as they would approach. There were about 10 great whites in the area that kept coming to check us out and be fed. I did not waste time bring an under water camera, as I just wanted to see the sharks while in the water. I would highly recommend to take a gravol the night before this excusion, as I decided not too, and was very sea sick. The only thing that helped my sea sickness was getting into the cage, as being in the boat with the huge swells was making it worse. It was worth every penny and I would do it again in a heartbeat. The crew were hysterical, knowledgeable and lovely.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Leah B
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Great experience and would recommend it to anyone!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

This was the best of the best. I don't know what the problem was with "Albert W", but we had a great time and the staff was wonderful. The company picked us up right when they said they would from our hotel in Cape Town. We had a wonderful 2 1/2 hour drive and saw some of the most beautiful country and ocean views ever. The company was very informative about what we would experience. They fed us when we arrived, on the boat and a light lunch after. The sharks came, the boat crew was very helpful and I felt they were really trying to give us the best of the best. And the sharks were very friendly, because they all come up to us with big smiles on their face. Teeth and all. Great time, great company and great video of our experience after. Loved loved loved it. J. Rider

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Do It!!!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Yes it's scary. It's supposed to be. But it is also very safe. The crew is professional and knowledgable. You don't need SCUBA or snorkel. They will provide wet suits. You actually don't need to know how to swim. Everything is done from the side of the boat. The top of the cage sticks out a couple of feet above the surface. You stage there until the dive master shouts out "down". Then you pull yourself down a little below the surface, pop a few pictures with your rented underwater camera, and pop back up. FUN !!!!!!

4 Thank 91436RJI
Perth, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Sharkcagediving.net - very disappointed in service”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I had to call three times in order to find out what time my shark cage diving was. The weather ended up being shocking the day I was meant to dive so I cancelled and rescheduled it. However, I had to call again a few times the following week to find out if the new dive was going ahead. The dive had been cancelled and no one bothered to call me to tell me. I was very disappointed in their service.