“Best Lamb Shank...... hmmmmm yummy”
Review of Blue Goose

Blue Goose
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Gansbaai
Cuisines: African, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated in a 100 year old limestone fisherman's cottage, the owner and staff welcomes guests into a warm and cosy environment, serving freshly prepared dishes, using fresh, local and sustainable produce. It's like having dinner with friends, the way it's done in the Strandveld.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Best Lamb Shank...... hmmmmm yummy”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

After a beautiful hiking weekend along the Perlemoen Trail on a Sunday night - had the best lamb shank ever!!! This restaurant is quaint and cosy and the staff are friendly and so ever attentive..... great value for money and a definite must. Dont forget the friendly kitty Loxton who welcomes and greets all his guests coming and going.......

• Visited February 2013

Windhoek, Namibia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best ribs ever”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My wife and I had the privilege and pleasure to spend a few days in Gansbaai during our honeymoon in January 2013. The highlight of our trip was most definitely going for dinner at the Blue Goose. It was very clear from the start that this was called "Blue Goose" point, not restaurant or cafe or steakhouse or fishhouse or any other explanatory term as it is neither of the above. Its somewhere one goes to enjoy something that was created not to make loads of money but rather to share the owners love of what they do. K and Riaan gives of such a welcoming warm vibe that I really didn't care much what my food tasted like, I was having a ball. Oooooooo but what a surprise I was in for.

I ordered the spare ribs and after my first bite immediately decided that I will not share this with my new wife (who I love very much, make no mistake) but this was probably the best ribs I have ever tasted, accompanied by crispy home made chips and freshly prepared vegetables. My wife had the fish and was just as in awe as I was.
As with any perfect meal this one was accompanied by a bottle of fantastic wine sourced from a small valley just outside of Gansbaai.

Our night ended around a table outside with K, Riaan and our waiter, a good single malt whisky and off course the obligatory Jaggermeister and great conversation.
I would highly recommend a visit to Blue Goose to anyone who ever happens to get within 200km of Gansbaai!!

Corne Uys

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Corne74
Toronto, Canada
“Cute Cottage Eatery”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

They were out of stock on 4 items that I tried to order which was annoying as the waiter should have mentioned these things when we sat down, "We aren't serving appetizers tonight & we are out of prawns, mussels, but I recommend the Kingclip". But he let me hit & miss through several menu options. The fish I finally ate was fine, but pairing it with root vegetables was odd.

Visited February 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Fantastic Food and Wonderful Service”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My friend and I asked our B&B owner for a seafood recommendation and were sent to Blue Goose. The place is small on the outside but holds wonderfully BIG surprises on the inside. I ordered calamari which was pan fried with very large "steak like" pieces. It was amazing. We both went with chef's suggestion of Cape Salmon (which is a rare local fish). The fish was simply amazing, prepared with a light lemon/butter sauce and roasted beets/squash. Because every single one of chef's suggestions was out of this world, we ended up having Malva Pudding with Vanilla ice cream for desert. This was just another extraordinary component of the meal. Simply put, I'd just listen to the waiter and/or chef at all times and just eat what they recommend. You will not believe that food of this high caliber exists and is found in Gansbaai. I believe most people make the drive to Gansbaai to see the great white sharks but honestly you'll remember your trip for the amazing food at the Blue Goose if you trust yourself to the incredibly capable hands of the staff and chef!!!

• Visited February 2013