“Whales!!!!”

$87.31*
and up
Marine Big 5 Safari from Cape Town
More attraction details
Owner description: "Discover & Protect"Dyer Island Cruises is a world-recognized 5-star boat based whale watching company operating in Kleinbaai, WC, South Africa. Our exclusive tours of a maximum 24 passengers offers everyone the same experience of personalized service, exceptional views, and only the best.Our team of guides/skippers/marine biologists is unique to whale watching in South Africa. Our vessel, Whale Whisperer, is custom built for boat based whale watching and superior in safety and comfort. We pride ourselves in our passion for conservation as well as customer service. And we also live by our boat's motto: "Life - an adventure to be lived, not a problem to be solved!"
Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Whales!!!!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I mean, really, how often do you get to float along *that* close to the largest creatures alive on earth? The boat was comfortable and safe, the marine biologists and skipper were knowledgable and very friendly, and the whales were... amazing. There were sometimes three mother-calf pairs surrounding the boat at the same time, including two albino calves. Plus they welcome you back with hot cocoa and soup. I would have gone again the next day if my schedule had allowed.

1 Thank Stephanie P
DyerIslandCruises, Guest Relations Manager at Dyer Island Cruises, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thanks for your great comments and sharing with us your great day at sea! We are so blessed with the wildlife here as they are very comfortable with our whale watching vessel they often approach us rather than they other way around! Hope to see you again! Cheers, Michelle - DIC.

Huaraz, Peru
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Excellent & knowledgable Crew”
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

The trip was excellent and enhanced by very knowledgable crew. Even though the sea was a wee bit rough we still managed to notch up at least 20 Southern Right Whales, couple of GW Sharks and then all the seals and birds around Dyer Island.
Can't recommend this enough.

1 Thank MarcellC67
Thank you for your great review! We hope to see you again very soon (or for next season)! Cheers, Michelle - DIC.
Tel-Aviv, Israel
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Bobbing with Waves and Whales”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Although weather and the sea were against us, my family and me dared the elements to watch the whales; we had some good whale watching, and something of an adventure riding the waves; the skipper seemed to be very experienced, while the crew was very good in taking care of the few that got sick (not any of us braves, anyway); I must say seeing the waves before we embarked on our mission made me think I would surely feel very sick, but, lo and behold, I did not feel the least uneasy; it was only when we reached the seal colony that I felt somewhat uncomfortable for the first few minutes, since these guys do smell, and not of after-shave; we were sorry not to visit the penguins because of the weather, but saw them eye-to-eye at Boulders Beach; all-in-all: definitely a must - no other better way to meet up close with these beasts of the deep!

2 Thank SemperParatus
DyerIslandCruises, Public Relations Manager at Dyer Island Cruises, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review! We can't control the ocean but we do come prepared - and the whales LOVE a good swell :) Hope to see you again next season! Cheers, Michelle - DIC.
Brighton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was such great fun - we saw so many whales and a huge great white shark so close. I was worried about getting sea sick but that was impossible on the upper level, the horizon all round and so much to see. Just brilliant. Take some warm glove though.

2 Thank clfm20
Thank you for your helpful tips and recommendation! Our unique top deck is definitely the place to be! Cheers, Michelle - DIC.
Darlington, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Whale watching and Shark Cage Diving”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just returned from South Africa (first trip and we will be back!). The Dyer island experience was a true highlight of our holiday - my wife went whale watching and my son shark cage diving - they both loved the experience and felt the crews provided great support and knowledge in a very friendly and professional manner. My wife was delighted to see 2 albino whales (a real rarity apparently) and my son got a real buzz out of being dive bombed by great white sharks. The wonderful conservation work carried out by Dyer Island Conservation Trust with whales, sharks and the penguins at Bettys Bay is inspirational and something we should all support. I would certainly recommend a trip with this company and promise you it will be a highlight of any trip to SA. Thanks to Wilfred and his great team.

3 Thank ahmetfuat
What a great review! Thank you very much for your feedback, we can't wait to have you back! Cheers, Michelle - DIC.