We spent 3 weeks in South Africa and this was by far one of our favourite experiences. This company has really earned its great Trip Advisor rating.
Notable awesome facts about our great experience with this company:
- The group met at a nice, well presented large meeting room with plenty of room for everyone to sit down and enjoy some (great) breakfast
- A DVD was shown about great white sharks, about cage diving and the area we were going to see together with some paper information on the tables during breakfast
-Great briefing prior to launch with a demo cage showing us how to hold on, what not to do in the cage etc,
- Big orange rain jackets/wind breakers were provided for the chilly ride out to the mooring spot
- The staff were all very friendly, helpful and respectful about the sharks and the general environment
- Snacks provided on board
-There's lots of room for everyone to sit (our group was around 30 and didn'f feel cramped on board)
- Great info provided on board here and there while the crew lowered the cage and we waited for the sharks to appear
- My husband and I both got two turns (of around 15-20min per turn) in the cage each which we felt was plenty as the water was quite cold
- The system of getting everyone in an out of suits, masks, booties etc and in and out of the cage was extremely efficient and impressive. This was a very well polished operation that made what could be a cumbersome process easy
- There are two compartments/small rooms just under the cabin where the wet suits are stored with curtains that can be used as changing rooms
- Towels are provided on board and there are lots of waterproof compartments for everyone to safety store their belongings
- Seal colony visit on the way back to base
- Lovely hot soup and coffee/tea and cookies provided back at the house while the dvd of the day's outing is shown (which can be purchased for R250 which we thought was well worth it. You can check out the video we purchased on Youtube by searching "Dave & Jenny's Shark Cage Diving Trip".
All in all we were very impressed. I suppose our initial concerns going in were that we wouldn't see any sharks (we didn't have enough time to re-book, although we could get our money back if no sharks were seen which is very reassuring), that we would get sea sick and have an awful time and that the water would be freezing. But we ended up seeing at least 4 sharks from small to immense in size, neither of us felt even slightly sea sick, the was was pretty cold but worth it for the experience and an overall amazing day!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.