“Up close and personal with great whites”

White Shark Safaris
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you are an adrenaline junkie, ticking off another experience on your bucket-list or planning a special family outing, we aim to give you the most exciting day of your life when you choose to come Shark Cage Diving and/or Viewing with White Shark Safaris. It is our privilege at White Shark Safaris - to offer you an opportunity to dive and view these magnificent animals in a safe and professional environment and have lots of FUN at the same time.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Up close and personal with great whites”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

From initial contact with this company ahead of our trip, I found the staff to be friendly, helpful and very accommodating.

We stayed in cape town and had an early pick up for our trip to Gansbaai. On arrival we were given a great breakfast then it was straight out to sea. White Shark Adventures head out very early ahead of other tours in the area for prime viewing. it took some time before the sharks arrived but when they did, wow!

When it was our turn to go down into the cage there was only 4 of us so it wasnt over crowded. We had a great close up view of approx 7 sharks, the biggest measuring almost 3m!!

After the dive we were fed again before being drove back to our hotel in cape town.

I would recommend this company to anyone as they were very hospitable and friendly and really made this a great experience from start to finish!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Debs S

Oak Park, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Experience of a lifetime!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We did shark cage diving with White Shark Adventures in early September and were so fortunate that the weather cleared up the week of our dive! We were a little worried because weather and sharks they cannot control. We stayed at The White Shark Guest House in Gansbaai, which is also highly recommended, not only because its a fantastic place to stay but also we could sleep in and literally walk to the shark cage diving instead of waking of at 4am for transportation at some hotel in Cape Town. They provided a wonderful breakfast and the boat trip was so informative, there was a Marine Biologist on board with us. I took a motion sickness pill the night before and one in the morning, my daughter took nothing and she was fine. The actual Shark Cage Diving was so exciting! The sharks are so fast its hard to capture fully them on camera, you might get a fin, a tail shot or a gray blur, but for a decent price we got an above and underwater video from a professional photographer on board and my daughter was able to make still pictures from that to show our family and friends. Highly recommend White Shark Adventures! An experience of a lifetime and the best birthday ever!!!

Visited September 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not perfect”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had a very early pick up time of 4am and quite a long drive outside of Cape Town, but it meant we didn't lose a whole day. The staff kindly agreed to attach a trailer to the minibus and take our suitcases as we were changing hostels that day, and they made sure we were home in plenty of time for something we had booked for later in the afternoon. A very nice breakfast was provided upon arrival. We had planned to buy an underwater camera for the experience, but were very shocked by the cost just to rent the camera and keep the SD card! It would probably be cheaper to buy one in advance, or a case for your existing camera. The boat was quite crowded and meant that getting changed into the wetsuits was difficult in such a cramped space. Not for the very modest! It was quite challenging to find a matching pair of wetsuit socks/shoes, all were soaking wet and didn't feel very pleasant. The day took a turn for the worse after about 20 minutes when the boat stopped and the seasickness kicked in. The rest of the trip was spent comforting my friends who were chucking up over the side of the boat. Even I began to feel a little queasy despite having very good sea-legs- mainly because of the fishblood and fish head that was being wafted around under our noses. I understand this is a necessary part of shark cage diving, but perhaps something to consider if you're a little faint-hearted. Definitely think twice about this if you suffer from seasickness- anti-sickness pills did not help my boyfriend at all! By the time we got into the water, all fear had been replaced by a desperation to get off the boat. The sharks came very close and it was a thrilling experience! We didn't get any breathing apparatus, but instead held our breath and bobbed down when the people on the boat shouted that a shark was approaching- this worked fine. However, I'm not convinced we had the full time in the water that the previous groups had- as we were the last group, I suspect there was a rush to get back in time and that our time was cut short. However, we still had plenty of time to appreciate the sharks.Overall it was a decent trip- the staff were friendly and helpful, but I'm not sure it was worth all the seasickness experienced.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jim_11601
Whitesharks, Public Relations Manager at White Shark Safaris, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hello Jim
I thank you for your review. I am so glad too hear that you had a "thrilling experience" with "friendly and helpful staff" whilst joining us on your shark experience. I thank you as well for the constructive feedback. This will surely assist us in constantly improving on our service levels and high standards that we have set out for ourselves to achieve and maintain.
Regarding the seasickness: Thorough weather checks are done prior to any trip. Our clients safety and comfort is always our top priority. However, seasickness is totally out of our control. Seasickness is totally all in the mind however, we do encourage all our clients to take medication beforehand if they are prone to motion sickness. Another measure against the seasickness is that we provide lollipops on the boat - yes, this truly helps against motion sickness. Thirdly, during our briefing we specifically encourage clients that feel way more seasick than normal to make use of the services of a rubberduck (our "hospitalboat") that will come and fetch them from our shark vessel. At the end of the day, it is the clients choice to stay on the shark vessel because the boat won't be able to return to shore while other clients have also been paying for the full experience.
Warm Regards
White Shark Adventures
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Experience”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Fabulous experience - we were picked up from our Hotel, the 12 Apostles in Cape Town and upon arrival got a great breakfast and then a briefing. We then went on the boat, it took 20 mins to get to the area, then interacted with 2/3 great whites

the staff were extremely helpful and answered all our questions prior to booking - special thanks to Abraham

Definitely worth doing - DO IT !!! - Melanie and Grant

PS you dont have to go into the cage to see the great sharks

Visited August 2013
Whitesharks, Public Relations Manager at White Shark Safaris, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Hello Grant & Melanie
Thank you for joining us and even more thanks for this great review.
I am glad too hear that you were able to experience true South African hospitality.
Warm Regards
White Shark Adventures
Greensboro
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Thrilling, Awesome Experience, You Must Check it Out!!!!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

A group of 18 went on a trip of a Lifetime and we were signed up to go Shark Cage Diving!!! We had no idea what to expect. However, it was worth every Minute!! We were served a nice meal, then we got ready and boarded our Boat!! It went very smooth and we were not rushed because we wanted to enjoy everything about the nice scenery at Gansbaai!! I advise you to take some tablets for sea sickness or motion sickness, personally I don't really like taking medicine that much and I took a motion sickness tablet didn't feel sick at all during the boat ride. Bring a set of clothes to wear after getting into the water, water shoes, and a bag to put wet clothes!! The staff give you an option of using air supply or not, I would not use an air supply because the sharks don't like that and i think it makes the experience much better!!! It was also a clear and awesome day to be at the water which made the boat experience lovely as well. It was absolutely awesome seeing the Sharks close-up and we also saw a whale that day out in the distance!! The Crew and staff are very friendly and outgoing people! I got in the cage with the last group of 6 and it was incredible!! The sharks were amazing to see and I would sooo like to do that again and have another experience of the Shark Cage!!! I advise any South African willing to overcome the fear of Sharks to Go Shark Cage Diving!!!

Visited July 2013