“Professional and friendly service, great experience”

White Shark Safaris
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you are an adrenaline junkie, ticking off another experience on your bucket-list or planning a special family outing, we aim to give you the most exciting day of your life when you choose to come Shark Cage Diving and/or Viewing with White Shark Safaris. It is our privilege at White Shark Safaris - to offer you an opportunity to dive and view these magnificent animals in a safe and professional environment and have lots of FUN at the same time.
Darlington, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Professional and friendly service, great experience”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Organised at last minute the day before by our guest house owner we were uncertain what we were letting ourselves in for but we turned up to a reassuringly professional and well versed team who were also friendly and personable. breakfast and post dive food were good and although changing facilities were a bit makeshift the overall experience was excellent. My wife was seasick and didn't want to dive but one of my ten year olds and myself want cage diving and had a great experience. my other son had a good view and enjoyed watching it all from above not fancying the diving and being a bit seasick himself- we had a rough day to contend with! Smiling and knowledgeable crew on the boat helpful
Fully recommend the team and the trip and reasonable value I think though a strong pound/rand
exchange rate helps!

1 Thank FamilyBerry

Moscow
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Unique experience, but do it right”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

In order to enjoy this and to get maximum level of adrenaline:
- select the right time of the year (check online resources) as water might be murky and you won't see much from inside the cage
- go when there is a good clear day with plenty of sun
- take friends or family; always more fun to be in a cage with those whom you know
- listen to instructors, dive in when told; watch in the direction said
We went there today, spent all together 2.5 hours on the boat; saw 5 species, ranging from 2 to 3.5 meters in length. Best view is from the top deck of the boat. But most adrenaline rush is when in the cage.
Not bad. Try for yourself.

Visited November 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had a really early pick up, the weather was overcast but very flat. The whole trip from pick up to drop off ran smoothly and I felt totally at ease the whole time. Very professional and ultimately the crew are more worried about u actually seeing a shark than anything else, which I thought was great! We had 4 or so sharks around the cage, a bit of a lull in activity for about 20min or so but like they hav said this is nature and these are wild animals! I had a blast and totally recommend this tour!

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“great value and service”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We booked a trip at short notice with white shark adventures - we did actually book through an agent who was useless however once we arrive with white shark adventures it was great. Really welcoming and helpful. Made us all feel very reassured.
On the trip we have excellent weather and clear waters, we saw one huge shark who hung around our boat for a good 15 minutes, with the clarity of the water this was incredible to view from the boat. We also saw whales at the same time. Unfortunately the sharks were not feeling too helpful and when it was out turn in the cage the sharks were a no show. This was a little disappointing but thats nature for you and we had thoroughly enjoyed the shark we saw from the boat.
Those who hadn't been in the cage when the shark was there for a free voucher for a return trip. I managed to return on my own 2 days later. I was very well looked after again by the team, even more so as I was travelling alone.
This time the visibility was much poorer however we had LOADS of sharks of different sizes and we saw lots from the cage. It was amazing! The cage felt very secure, the crew made sure you felt safe and were incredibly helpful. At the end of the day a huge shark swam right in front and up to the cage while wrestling with the bait. It was amazing! I would recommend this trip for viewing on the boat or in the cage, I had a fantastic time and it was great value. I would thoroughly recommend this company.

2 Thank JennyS80
Dublin, Ireland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Off the Bucket list - but disappointing service”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Did the cage diving with White Shark Adventures a week ago.

In summary i found it 'rushed' and 'commercial' overall disappointing service level. Something of a turn-style operation get as many trips done a day as possible in quick succession.

Pick up and drop off were fine, food etc before and after fine.

On our trip this company seemed to be the only company doing 4 trips that day. The boat arrived back at the launch site and the passengers disembarked. We then boarded straight away and went not very far out to sea. We were rushed into our wet suits into the cage and back out. No help was offered getting out and can be difficult, especially with the weight belts they wrap around your neck ! There was no sign of the air supply that they seem to use as a USP. The owner brags of being the only company with 'constant air supply in cage' which is why i choose this company. The owner also brags of having certificate of excellence from trip advisor, this rains from only 46 reviews. Considering each boat trip takes 20 people and up to 4 trips a day it is still not a great reflection in comparison. We spent hardly any time at sea, maybe because this trip was squeezed in at the end of the day ? I did notice the crew paying attention to the time quite often.

My advice for people is to do there research. There must be well over 6 company's offering the same service.