“Lovely restaurant, delightful service, yummy food”

Thyme at Rosemary's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Gansbaai
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Thyme at Rosemary's is a unique, cozy restaurant situated along the main road of Gansbaai. The restaurant boasts a beautiful garden courtyard serving lunches between 12h00 & 15h30 as well as two lovely interior seating areas with soft music and candlelit dinners from 18h30. We are not small child or infant friendly. Eight years and older are most welcome. The menu consists of fresh seafood, traditional South African country cuisine, vegetarian, vegan, grills and various daily speciality dishes. Bookings essential
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

Our waitress was very pleasant, very smiley and kind. I am vegetarian and became very nervous when I reviewed the menu. I did not see anything vegetarian and almost asked our group of 6 to leave. However, I am glad I inquired if they would be able to accommodate me with a vegetarian dish. Without missing a beat, the waitress gladly described their (off the menu) extensive vegetarian platter. The best I have ever had. Please see photo. The rest of my group enjoyed their meals, including my husband who had lamb and my son who has a super tasty looking burger!

1  Thank catchthetrain
There are newer reviews for Thyme at Rosemary's Restaurant

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Super restaurant with delicious food - and A GLUTEN-FREE menu with some real choices - a first for me!! Janna is a lovely hostess and nothing was too much trouble for her.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

For the best local food, excellent service and a wonderful meal out do not miss out on this restaurant. Ask to meet Rosemary. She is an incredible and very talented lady.

1  Thank Colin T
hoponpop, Owner at Thyme at Rosemary's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2016

Hello Colin Sandy Tonkil
Thank you for another great review.
Hoping to surprise you with some excellent new dishes on the menu
with your next visit.

Rosemary and her great team

Reviewed August 24, 2014

The servce wqas grerat, te meal tasted awsome. Thr best ribs I ever tasted and the fish that my duaghter had was also great. My wife had the specialty of the house which was a duck that tasted fantastic as well. great value for money

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Spent a wonderful weekend in Gansbaai with friends and couldn't wait to return to Thyme at Rosemary. I so love the charm and ambience of this precious and homely restaurant. The attention to detail is marvellous in the decor, kind of classy, country chic and also quite quirky.

We were fortunate enough to chat to Rosemary for a while and hear more of her interesting stories. The service was also great and her staff are like part of the family. Janna was especially attentive and a breath of fresh air.

Service is a little slow but so worth the wait and we all know that good food takes time to prepare. Also wonderful to sit outside at the back of the restaurant in the gorgeous and magical garden.

I so loved the sweet chilli chicken livers the last time and they were just as incredible this time around. The snoek blintzes (folded crepes) I made sure to devour this time! Yum I could eat them all day. Almost forgot the frikkadels... they were sublime! As mains we enjoyed a generous seafood platter and the oxtail.

Desserts we drooled over were the rhubarb and quince crumble and turkish delight cheesecake.

Are we back yet? : )