“fantastic dinner in great ambiance” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Thyme at Rosemary's Restaurant

Thyme at Rosemary's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Gansbaai
Cuisines: African, Seafood, European, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: WE ARE NOT CHILD FRIENDLY.
Voorhout, The Netherlands
“fantastic dinner in great ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

The servce wqas grerat, te meal tasted awsome. Thr best ribs I ever tasted and the fish that my duaghter had was also great. My wife had the specialty of the house which was a duck that tasted fantastic as well. great value for money

Visited August 2014

Cape Town
“As magical as the last time, if not better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Spent a wonderful weekend in Gansbaai with friends and couldn't wait to return to Thyme at Rosemary. I so love the charm and ambience of this precious and homely restaurant. The attention to detail is marvellous in the decor, kind of classy, country chic and also quite quirky.

We were fortunate enough to chat to Rosemary for a while and hear more of her interesting stories. The service was also great and her staff are like part of the family. Janna was especially attentive and a breath of fresh air.

Service is a little slow but so worth the wait and we all know that good food takes time to prepare. Also wonderful to sit outside at the back of the restaurant in the gorgeous and magical garden.

I so loved the sweet chilli chicken livers the last time and they were just as incredible this time around. The snoek blintzes (folded crepes) I made sure to devour this time! Yum I could eat them all day. Almost forgot the frikkadels... they were sublime! As mains we enjoyed a generous seafood platter and the oxtail.

Desserts we drooled over were the rhubarb and quince crumble and turkish delight cheesecake.

Are we back yet? : )

Kentucky
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Arrived in Gansbaai fairly late one evening, and Rosemary's took us in! I really think they stayed open late for us, and provided us with a wonderful meal and great friendly service. We sat in the back sun room and they turned on a heater for us. It was lovely and cozy. We all tried different things off the menu (4 of us). I got a salad and bruscetta - fabulous. My dad got the Oxtail and he raved about it. Mom got the seafood stew and my husband got a pasta dish - both to excellent reviews. We finished with a brandy pudding which was outstanding.

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the service provided to us. One of the owners was our server and she was a great cut-up. She made the experience really fun.

Highly recommended.

Gansbaai, South Africa
“Excellent, excellent something completely memoriable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

Now and then I got guests that got there special anniversary or birthday. I recommend Rosemary’s restaurant for the occasion. My guest from Switzerland where very surprise and pleased. Complimentary welcome aperitifs where given on arrival for the Birthday Guest. The evening where a success.
For Lunch, Dinner or Tea Time at Rosemary’s you will be pleasant surprise. You will only get ONE Restaurant like this. Read the excellent review and treat yourself...
Just to wander to the Tea Garden take you back, the decor inside the Restaurant are unique. Even a little shop to buy nic nacks or gifts at reasonable prices.

Cape Town, South Africa
“Great meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

I had a great meal at Thyme at Rosemary's last weekend. I was traveling solo through Gansbaii and my B&B recommended and made a reservation for me. Its a cozy quirky restaurant that has a homey feel and interesting decor.

The food was great. I asked for recommendations and I started off with a seafood salad which was fabulous with heaps of mussels. prawns and squid over greens. I then had bobotie, the national dish of South Africa, which was also great. I finished off the meal with some cheesecake. I also had a glass of the house red and white wines both of which were surprisingly good. All in all a great meal.

Visited July 2014