“Delicious food and lovely atmosphere”

Thyme at Rosemary's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Gansbaai
Cuisines: African, Seafood, European, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Thyme at Rosemary's is a unique, cozy restaurant situated along the main road of Gansbaai. The restaurant boasts a beautiful garden out back serving lunches between 12h00 & 15h30 as well as two lovely interior seating areas serving diners from 18h30. The menu consists of fresh seafood, traditional South African country cuisine, grills and various daily speciality dishes. Bookings essential
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
“Delicious food and lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We chanced up this lovely restaurant when the Saxon Lodge B&B told us on the day we arrived that no dinner was available (despite what the website says!)
Thyme at Rosemary was just lovely, warm and cosy with a lovely log fire. Delightful waitress and a menu that was not large so everything was really fresh and delicious.
Beautifully presented and good value.

• Visited September 2012

Switzerland
“They told us we would go to Harry Potter's House...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very special decoration - you really get to think that your are a guest at Hogwart :-)
Excellent food - hat a huge fisch platter - one of the best we ever had!

• Visited September 2012
Frankfurt, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super nice evening!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

The evening at Rosemary's was really really nice! They cared perfectly for us...even as I wanted to move the table to have a good view into the room.
We had the Bobotie and the Oxtail as main course and it was the highlight of the evening and as delicious as I would love to get the recipe!!! yummyyy
Wie will come back for sure!
Thanks a lot for the great evening

Gansbaai, South Africa
“Rosemary T-time and later.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have never been there till Dutch friends ask me where can we go they wanna treat me. The setting and decor are very intresting, from my view. I think it is a little overpriced for the portion you got, wonderful for tourist and the Tea Garden at the back you do not see from the front is a worth visit..

Visited January 2012
hoponpop, Owner at Thyme at Rosemary's Restaurant, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Hi Johannes,
I am really sooo sad to hear that you have found my portions to be on the small side.
Pity you did not bring it to may immediate attention as I have no problem at all to satisfy every single guest who dines here.
I would happily have offered to reduce the charge or offered an extra helping .
The international tourists normally complain that the portions are too large and hence I have toned it down a bit.
Please next time you visit Rosemary's I would like to meet with you and make sure you leave here as a very happy chappy.
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful garden.
Kindest regards

Rosemary
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Best old charm with delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Do not miss the opportunity to visit this beautiful old charm restaurant when you go to Gansbaai to watch the whales.
Experience the traditional food of South Africa at its best.
The staff was very helpful and we also have to opportunity to admire the beautiful garden and also this beautiful house with antique furniture.
The wallpaper is of origin newspapers dated 1916.
As it was a rainy day we were not able to sit in the garden for your lunch, but enjoy our food next to the warm fireplace.

• Visited October 2012