“Freaking Awesome!!”

and up
Half-Day White Shark Cage Diving from Gansbaai
Ranked #3 of 21 Tours in Gansbaai
More attraction details
Owner description: White Shark Projects welcomes local and international tourists, divers and non-divers … anyone who wishes to encounter, dive with, or view white sharks in a safe and professional environment. White Shark Projects was established in 1989 and is a world-leading organisation that focuses on the conservation of great white sharks through responsible tourism and research. Expect excellent customer service, good value and operational efficiency.
Pasadena, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Freaking Awesome!!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I enjoyed the entire experience. The day of my trip the water was a bit murky, yet I was still able to get my moments worth of thrills as some shark actually bumped into our cage. The view from the boat as we were awaiting our turns was fantastic. One shark looked as tough it wanted to get in the boat with us (I'm just saying how close they were). If I come to town again, I will definitely go again!! As one of the others on the boat said about his experience, "It was f........ (bleep) awesome.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

julia b, Guest Relations Manager at White Shark Projects, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for your very positive review and comments, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us. Guests are often amazed at the great viewing from on deck and the close encounters. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to see you soon!

Oslo, Norway
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Spectacular shark view”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was a great stop on our trip in South Africa. Really spectacular and we did see nine different white sharks from 2 to more than 4 meters long.

Definitely something to recommend

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Khoeg
Sounds like you had a WOW shark trip! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, it means a lot to us. Seeing so many sharks on one trip is truly is a privilege. Many thanks for the recommendation, I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team. Keep sharing your experience with others.
Nykoping, Sweden
“Great White”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Even if it was a a bit rough out on the water it wa s a great experience with a great staff and and a lot of Sharks.
I would gladly do it again!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We are glad you had a great day and saw lots of sharks, we always feel privileged to be a part of your shark experience. Thank you for your tips and comments.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Swimming with Sharks!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I had the best experience ever! So close you could touch but dared not to! The white sharks came in numbers and made the experience phenomenal!
The hospitality provided by the White Sharks Projects was excellent as breakfast was served and everything was explained which made it easier for us to prepare ourselves.

The shark cage dive was out of this world! The team made it so comfortable regardless of the cold and heavy wet suits and me becoming sea sick as some point! The lollipop given on the boat sis wonders and the nausea sorted out.

I would love to do it again. This time during the hot season where the water will be clearer and the dive will be even better!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for your very interesting and exciting review, it's inspiring and making me want to get on the next shark boat! It sounds like you had a fantastic day and saw loads of sharks, such a privilege, as with all wildlife sharks are very unpredictable. Thanks again and I will pass your comments onto our team. Have a great day!
Istanbul, Turkey
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“experience of a lifetime”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

From start to finish what would you like to feel when you go to a shark diving would be "safety and care".... WSP will comply with all regulations, take care of you, inform you and bring you back with a huge smile on your face... I cage dived with my 11yo daughter, staff, equipment and brief were satisfying.... Big big THANK YOU.....

Visited January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We try our best to offer our guests a shark experience of a lifetime and fantastic to hear when we succeed. I will pass your comments on to our team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your day with us and that they took great care of you.