“No problems with my trip”
Review of Unreal Dive Expeditions - CLOSED

Unreal Dive Expeditions
Melbourne, Australia
735 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 876 helpful votes
“No problems with my trip”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Having read a few other reports here, it makes sense that I was a little confused when I booked a shark diving trip with Unreal Diving. I was confused because a completely different company (White Shark Adventures) ran the entire trip and there was no mention of Unreal Dive.
As far as I know they could be the same organisation – it was all just a bit strange.
At the end of the day, my trip I took was brilliant – see my report under White Shark Adventures. I cannot explain how awesome it was to see such a fantastic predator so close - simply amazing and the operators did a great job to maximizing the experience. There was no issue with the booking or the payment (they didn’t try to charge me twice!), so I was quite happy with Unreal Dive.
The only real issue was communication. I booked online and their system requires that you nominate a preferred date and a backup date for the booking. My booking and payment went through and after a payment confirmation email I got nothing. I emailed and they replied that I was confirmed for my backup date. After that it was smooth enough, but given that you have to nominate two dates, I think they should confirm which date you will be travelling on asap. There was also no mention of the fact that the trip would be run by another company.
I can’t really fault Urban Diving – I had a fantastic trip, albeit with a differently named company. Strange system, but for me, it worked.

Visited July 2012

Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“These people ARE the Sharks”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We were a supplier for UnReal Dive and they still owe us a great deal of money but have no fixed abode and even with several lawyers involved - they have managed to evade paying us the healthy sum of money that they owe us. All the reviews on here and other places about them taking extra money and being unreliable are therefore possibly true. Terrible and dishonest people they are. you are better off with many other reputable companies that offer the same service.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank Purplewhizzball
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Petty thiefs...don't waste your time/money.”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I'm the latest sucker... I booked a trip for myself and two other military friends. Unfortunately, I was not able to go due to the passing of my mother. So, I fought long and hard for a refund that I was entitled to but never received. Half of my inquiries were never responded to, and the ones they did respond to were only an attempt to delay me until they hoped I would lost interest. So, I'm out $190 bucks... Trust me, do not deal with these people, you'll thank me.

-Mark

Visited February 2012
3 Thank Mark J
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“A lifetime dream come true”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

My reason for visiting Cape Town was to dive with the Great Whites. I was definatelly not dissapointed. The boat takes a maximum of 20 clients, so was not overcrowded like some other operators. It is a long day but well worth it.

We were picked up around 5am at our hotel and got back just after 3pm. EXHAUSTED but very happy!

Luckily for us there it was whale season, so we saw whales from the boat and also while driving back to Cape Town.

Visited October 2011
England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Don't make our mistake! Don't deal with these people!”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

THERE ARE PLENTY OF REPUTABLE SHARK DIVING OPERATORS AROUND CAPE TOWN, THIS COMPANY IS NOT ONE OF THEM. DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM.

Like others on here I wish I'd read the reviews here before I made the mistake of trying to deal with this bunch.

I booked a shark diving trip before leaving for Cape Town, got the acknowledgment email and the cost was deducted from my card. All seems fine at this point.

That is, until a second charge is applied for the same amount in ZAR so, naturally thinking there was an easily-remedied error, I tried to contact Unrealdive to ask them to rectify it. No response. I contacted them again. No response. I contacted them a third time. No response.

At this stage it was obvious something was amiss and they had no intention of answering my queries. I had used different methods of trying to contact them and was obviously being ignored.

Sure enough, when I got to Cape Town and tried to ring them prior to the supposed pickup date I again got no response despite multiple attempts. Equally, the pickup never happened - which was entirely predictable at this stage.

So charged twice, no reply to any communications, no pickup, no trip = con and theft.

Visited July 2011