“Once in a lifetime - AWESOME!”

White Shark Diving Company
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: White Shark Diving Co specializes in exclusive GREAT WHITE SHARK adventure tours in Gansbaai, Western Cape, South Africa. Rated #1 by industry peers, we strive to deliver excellence by being the only Shark Cage Diving Company to offer exclusive & private tours with limited seating capacity for extra comfort, safety and dive time! We are the exclusive carrier of all International Celebrities, VIPs and Sporting Teams. White Shark Diving Company have been advocates for the protection of the Great White Shark species; by pioneering sustainable methods of practice, founding and funding scientific research initiatives and being a key player in the development and implementation of The Great White Shark Protection Foundation of South Africa.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Once in a lifetime - AWESOME!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

What an incredible experience! My husband and I were a little nervous at the idea of shark diving and couldn't have chosen a more experienced, enthusiastic, warm and friendly team than White Shark Diving Company. Every single thing was taken care of with a genuine smile and care. The day started with a yummy breakfast as we watched the sun rise over the harbour. The staff clearly take pride in their work and with safety of utmost concern we were confident we were in the best hands. The smooth boat ride out to the open water was invigorating and it was only a matter of minutes before we spotted our first great white.... excited cheers filled the deck and with butterflies in everyone's tummies we got into our warm wet suits, booties and hoods ready for the big plunge. First in we bobbed around nervously waiting... then with an unbelievable swoosh there it was...inches away from me!! Woooooah...Just magic!! To get that 'up close and personal' with the worlds most powerful predator is not something easily put into words... it was MINDBLOWING!! We were all so lucky getting thrilling visit after thrilling visit. Afterwards we sat on the upper deck, right above the action with our legs swinging like excited little kids while we watched huge sharks race and swirl beneath us. The whole time the passionate and fun guides filling us in on fascinating facts about these magnificent creatures. No-one was frightened, it was just unbelievably exhilarating! The crew remained calm and professional throughout and the entire day from start to finish was a memory I will treasure for ever. For anyone a little apprehensive, I promise you it is AWESOME!! Thank you White Shark Diving Company!

Visited March 2014

• Arabic first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A bucket list experience!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

This was an amazing experience and we were very lucky to have 4 great whites swimming around the boat for most our time in/on the water. My daughter and I both had 2 trips into the cage. Shark viewing was also excellent from the boat. The crew on the boat were knowledgeable and helpful. I found the crew to be attentive to each person as needed (not just the pretty ones as another reviewer commented) This really is a "bucket list" experience and I beleive we had an exceptional experience with hardly any wait for the sharks to appear and then the constant activity of the sharks while we were out.
The boat was a bit crowded with 20 people all trying to put on wet suits - not an easy task! - but considering 6 people were always in the cage once we were doing the actual shark diving it was roomy enough. There isn't really any storage space for your stuff - so travel light on the boat.
I did find there to be a bit of unexplained waiting around prior to getting on the boat - but that is probably reflective of my US cultural expectations of being fully informed.
I can't say enough about Toni and the booking staff. They were so helpful to me as I planned this trip to Capetown, recommending lodging, very quick responses to my questions and getting me driving directions when our plans changed at the last minute and we decided to drive from Capetown to Gansbaai - what a beautiful drive!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Lori K
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Fantastic experience, staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable - explaining everything about what we could expect given the time of year and really made sure that we got to see as many sharks as possible. Never felt unsafe at all and they took care of everything from picking us up from our Capetown hotel to providing snacks and lunch.

Visited February 2014
Vancouver, Canada
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Worth the trip but”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Saw lots of sharks but boat was clearly overcrowded, very hard to put on the wetsuit as they are all wet and I question the hygiene standards in between boat loads of customers.
Boat crew was OK but more interested in impressing the young girls rather than cater to all of their customers.
We felt that the trip was rushed even though they advertise unlimited cage time, we spent maybe 20 minutes and that was it , mind they were at least 18 to 20 of us on the boat and with 5 to 6 in the cage you do the math.
clearly a must do while in south Africa but clearly this company need to work on customer service.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Jean G
Sydney
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great white Shark cage diving”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

With so many to chose from it can get confusing, so I took the direction from my accommodations reception and booked with white shark adventures. The cost included full transfers, the dive, light refreshments before the dive and lunch afterwards.
Our host and dive master Wiliem (I apologise for the spelling) is clearly very passionate about his job, the environment and conservation of the predators.
I felt safe and at ease at all times, considering how nervous I was.
I have no hesitations in recommending this company for your dive.