“A bucket list experience!”

White Shark Diving Company
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: White Shark Diving Co specializes in exclusive GREAT WHITE SHARK adventure tours in Gansbaai, Western Cape, South Africa. Rated #1 by industry peers, we strive to deliver excellence by being the only Shark Cage Diving Company to offer exclusive & private tours with limited seating capacity for extra comfort, safety and dive time! We are the exclusive carrier of all International Celebrities, VIPs and Sporting Teams. White Shark Diving Company have been advocates for the protection of the Great White Shark species; by pioneering sustainable methods of practice, founding and funding scientific research initiatives and being a key player in the development and implementation of The Great White Shark Protection Foundation of South Africa.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A bucket list experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

This was an amazing experience and we were very lucky to have 4 great whites swimming around the boat for most our time in/on the water. My daughter and I both had 2 trips into the cage. Shark viewing was also excellent from the boat. The crew on the boat were knowledgeable and helpful. I found the crew to be attentive to each person as needed (not just the pretty ones as another reviewer commented) This really is a "bucket list" experience and I beleive we had an exceptional experience with hardly any wait for the sharks to appear and then the constant activity of the sharks while we were out.
The boat was a bit crowded with 20 people all trying to put on wet suits - not an easy task! - but considering 6 people were always in the cage once we were doing the actual shark diving it was roomy enough. There isn't really any storage space for your stuff - so travel light on the boat.
I did find there to be a bit of unexplained waiting around prior to getting on the boat - but that is probably reflective of my US cultural expectations of being fully informed.
I can't say enough about Toni and the booking staff. They were so helpful to me as I planned this trip to Capetown, recommending lodging, very quick responses to my questions and getting me driving directions when our plans changed at the last minute and we decided to drive from Capetown to Gansbaai - what a beautiful drive!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Lori K

• Arabic first
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Fantastic experience, staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable - explaining everything about what we could expect given the time of year and really made sure that we got to see as many sharks as possible. Never felt unsafe at all and they took care of everything from picking us up from our Capetown hotel to providing snacks and lunch.

Visited February 2014
Vancouver, Canada
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Worth the trip but”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Saw lots of sharks but boat was clearly overcrowded, very hard to put on the wetsuit as they are all wet and I question the hygiene standards in between boat loads of customers.
Boat crew was OK but more interested in impressing the young girls rather than cater to all of their customers.
We felt that the trip was rushed even though they advertise unlimited cage time, we spent maybe 20 minutes and that was it , mind they were at least 18 to 20 of us on the boat and with 5 to 6 in the cage you do the math.
clearly a must do while in south Africa but clearly this company need to work on customer service.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Jean G
Sydney
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great white Shark cage diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

With so many to chose from it can get confusing, so I took the direction from my accommodations reception and booked with white shark adventures. The cost included full transfers, the dive, light refreshments before the dive and lunch afterwards.
Our host and dive master Wiliem (I apologise for the spelling) is clearly very passionate about his job, the environment and conservation of the predators.
I felt safe and at ease at all times, considering how nervous I was.
I have no hesitations in recommending this company for your dive.

Burley in Wharfedale, United Kingdom
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 185 helpful votes
“Who to go with...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

So you've agreed that you're going to go shark diving but which company do you go with. We searched through loads on TA and finally went with White Shark Diving Co. due to the write ups. Before the detail - yes, we had a great time.

I believe there is an early and a later dive! We were collected in Cape Town at 4.30am, and after picking up a mini bus full of people we drove the 2 hour journey. Tip 1 - ask your hotel to get you a coffee ready to take with you.

Once you arrive a SA lady starts shouting at you and getting you organised. You are offered breakfast (cereal, toast, tea, coffee, etc) and you effectively then sign loads of declaimers. Then you have a safety briefing and you're ready to go. Tip 2 - smile and so hello to the camcorder as you'll definitely buy the dvd at the end

Once on the boat it is pushed into the sea and off you go. The sea was claim and we didn't get any sea sickness however we did buy some tablets - tip 3 - take your sea sickness tablets 2 hours before going to sea - not whilst on the boat!

The boat anchors out at sea and everyone starts to get their wet suit on. If you wear your swimming gear you'll be fine.

It took around 40 minutes for the first shark to appear. We had 19 people on our boat so there was 6 in first, then 6 and then 7. each group go around 15 to 20 minutes. The water is very cold however when the sharks turn up you forget all about the water temperature.

You also get a very good view of the sharks from the boat, especially on the upper deck.

The cage is secured to the side of the boat and although there are gaps the sharks are so big that they can't get in. What you can do is get in the cage last which means that you'll be first out should anything go wrong.

Let face it, these guys do this for a living. If it was dangerous or tourists were bitten then it would be stopped. Just follow the directions of the crew and you'll have a fabulous time.

Take a bag with you so you can put you're cloths in it whilst in your wet suit.
They provide towels
They provide water, drinks and crisps
You get breakfast before you go out and lunch when you get back
It is very safe
Take a fleece with you for the journey back on the boat
Take a water proof camera with you if you can - well worth it
Take a normal camera for shots from the boat

Once back on dry land you get to watch the film whilst having lunch. It is well worth the price especially once back home.

I hope this helps