“Honeymoon Trip”

White Shark Diving Company
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: White Shark Diving Co specializes in exclusive GREAT WHITE SHARK adventure tours in Gansbaai, Western Cape, South Africa. Rated #1 by industry peers, we strive to deliver excellence by being the only Shark Cage Diving Company to offer exclusive & private tours with limited seating capacity for extra comfort, safety and dive time! We are the exclusive carrier of all International Celebrities, VIPs and Sporting Teams. White Shark Diving Company have been advocates for the protection of the Great White Shark species; by pioneering sustainable methods of practice, founding and funding scientific research initiatives and being a key player in the development and implementation of The Great White Shark Protection Foundation of South Africa.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Charlottesville, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Honeymoon Trip”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had an awesome time with Lance and his crew when we were shark diving on our honeymoon trip. The crew was friendly and knowledgeable. The tour setup is done really well - we had coffee and snacks while we met everyone and watched the instructional video, then we went out for about a 2hour tour where we saw a handful of sharks and came back to a warm light lunch while watching our own video! It was great! We didn't make it to the top deck because we thought we were going back in the cage, but we recommend you get up there because that is great viewing. It was a great tour.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jen M

• Arabic first
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Total blast”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I'm sure all the companies are fine, but these guys certainly made my day. No heavy duty blah, just great safe fun. We all saw sharks in the water and from the deck. For me, having the sharks right close to the cage made the day. The water was cold, the wetsuits were fine, and I went in for more. Totally worth the US$ prices.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank geoffgeoffgeoff3
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“awesome,awesome,awesome...”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Omg, went shark cage diving...before I was afraid but now I'm addicted.The staff were great,they showed us a amazing time,Never thought I'd feel so safe in the water with sharks.Well done guys,an experience not to be missed...(everything was taken care of including food,never a want for anything)

Visited November 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“It takes some luck, but WOW!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

First things first - we are talking wild animals, open ocean and Mother Nature here, so luck will play a role. We came prepared for rough seas, cruddy visibility, and the chance that we' d made a 5 hr round trip from Cape Town for naught. Instead, we got blue sky, no wind and gentle swells. And we hit the great white jackpot. We saw at least 7 different whites, including a couple that were at least 12-15 feet! And the action was great - the last giant actually rushed the bait right up to the cage and lodged his teeth mere inches from my hand before thrashing the cage and swimming away. Unbelievable - I only hope the go pro video comes out. Crew is totally fine, with the US born guide/videographer as a standout (didn't catch his name, but he came out from Santa Monica and "never went back"). As for the dive experience, though "ducking underwater and holding your breath" may sound a little...underwhelming to an experienced diver (I am), it is actually perfect for watching the whites - they really only do "drive bys" and visibility is under 3 meters. That said, each pass was a rush - when the spotters yell "down down down" you dive like mad. This is a great 1/2 day, and would be worth it at twice the price. I even bought the damn DVD, and I NEVER buy the DVD. I'd call it a once in a lifetime experience, but I hope like hell I get back here to do it again someday down the road. As for luck, the boat just over from ours was batting zero as we turned back for port, so cross your fingers and toes (and keep them inside the cage).

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Abelonline
Johns Island, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thrill of your life”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Supported by National Geographic, completely safe and a wonderful experience. Boat supplies wetsuits, food and drink, and toilet facilities.

Visited October 2013