“Tour was fantastic, water was very choppy”

White Shark Diving Company
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: White Shark Diving Co specializes in exclusive GREAT WHITE SHARK adventure tours in Gansbaai, Western Cape, South Africa. Rated #1 by industry peers, we strive to deliver excellence by being the only Shark Cage Diving Company to offer exclusive & private tours with limited seating capacity for extra comfort, safety and dive time! We are the exclusive carrier of all International Celebrities, VIPs and Sporting Teams. White Shark Diving Company have been advocates for the protection of the Great White Shark species; by pioneering sustainable methods of practice, founding and funding scientific research initiatives and being a key player in the development and implementation of The Great White Shark Protection Foundation of South Africa.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 8, 2013

They have this down to a science, and I felt in very good hands. Thank you to all of the staff for their expertise.

The pick up time of 4:55 was obnoxious, but we did have a long drive to get there from Cape Town. The only negative I have was the water was incredibly choppy, and people were puking all over the place. That's certainly not the fault of the company, but because of the rain, it might have been a good idea for them to reschedule the tour.

There are newer reviews for White Shark Diving Company

Reviewed July 16, 2013

These guys are on the ball. Brilliant service. Their boat is great. Smaller groups. More viewing time. Food ok. Very good close up viewing. Safety standards up to scratch. Group discounts BRILLIANT. I'm going with them again:-)

1  Thank MJvonH
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I can't say enough good things about WSDC. Everyone we met were true professionals from the skipper to our tour guide to the two deckhands throwing out the chum. There was never I time that I didn't feel safe.

Unfortunately for us, the weather was bad and the sharks were slim. The ride out and back was extremely choppy and at least four of the guests (my wife included) got extremely seasick. My wife had even taken extra dramamine too. So, she didn't suit up to go in the cage. My daughter and I were part of the first group but no sharks showed up so we got back out. Finally a couple of sharks showed up and since I had just gotten out, I was the first to go back in. You don't actually dive, but you are in a cage with your head above the water and the guide will tell you when to submerge in the cage to see the shark underwater. I got some good views of the shark which came within six feet of the cage. After several "dives," the five of us got out and another five took our place. Unfortunately no more sharks showed up so those people were a bit disappointed but everyone did get a good look at the two sharks that did show up from the top deck of the boat.

They serve breakfast before the boat trip out while you get safety briefing and lunch afterwards while they try and get you to buy the video. We did because even though the sharks weren't biting too well, it was a once in a lifetime experience for all of us.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Big thanks to the staff at WSDC, they helped make a 12 day trip to Cape Town a memorable experience. The shark diving was the initial focus of my planned holiday, but with their help in booking other tours & excursions, it became only part of a fantastic holiday.

As for the actual shark diving, it was a great experience to see them up close. As has been previously mentioned, it's not a dive as such, as you are in a cage with 5 other people, with goggles on, and hold your breath to submerge when the crew spot a shark coming for the bait.

One point worth noting. I see some comments complainging about the early pick up from Cape Town. One easy way to resolve that, don't stay in Cape Town the night before. I transferred to Gaansbai the day before and stayed in a guest house in the town, (which was organised through WSDC). I was picked up at a much more civilised 08:15.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The shark diving was a great experience. It is a pity that we had no camera man there who has come into the water with us to take photos. Our camera man stood only on the boat an filmed from there. :( I think it was a nice tour but for this price I had more expectations, because friends of mine had a better tour with more experiences. But all in all it was good. The guides were really nice and got us a great knowledge.