“WOW!”

White Shark Diving Company
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: White Shark Diving Co specializes in exclusive GREAT WHITE SHARK adventure tours in Gansbaai, Western Cape, South Africa. Rated #1 by industry peers, we strive to deliver excellence by being the only Shark Cage Diving Company to offer exclusive & private tours with limited seating capacity for extra comfort, safety and dive time! We are the exclusive carrier of all International Celebrities, VIPs and Sporting Teams. White Shark Diving Company have been advocates for the protection of the Great White Shark species; by pioneering sustainable methods of practice, founding and funding scientific research initiatives and being a key player in the development and implementation of The Great White Shark Protection Foundation of South Africa.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Berlin, Germany
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“WOW!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Wow! An experience no one in the family will forget! After several days of stormy weather we were not holding out much hope to see any sharks, but we were wrong. Lots of time in the cage, clear views, several different sharks passed by and a huge 4-meter great white that hung around. Excellent, knowledgeable staff, professional outfit and lots of food before, during and after! If you get seasick be sure to take something before you board.

Visited April 2013

• Arabic first
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What a day in my life!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

So I have been to 27 countries and thought I had seen and experienced a lot of things.. until this day! When I found out that we succeeded in getting a booking for shark cage diving... I'm not gonna lie to you, I was a little bit nervous. Did not sleep much the night before. We had to get up early for an 06:45 boat launch. We were greeted by an awesome crew, friendly, knowledgable and ready for action. Breakfast was served while we got a little lecture on the do's and don'ts of shark diving.
On the boat we did not even stop for long before the first shark was there. We were the only boat out so early, so it was as if all the Great Whites were performing JUST FOR US!! we were five in a cage, I had my 18 year old daughter with me, how awesome to hear her say MOMMYYYY again like a little girl hah.
While I did get a little seasick, we also had the opportunity to view a big honker of a shark on the non-cage side of the boat, looking for recycled morsels.
The most amazing thing for me, as a bit of a paranoid diver and always afraid of discomfort - was how much I physically enjoyed being in the cage. It felt really safe, despite being inches away from the world's most fearsome creature.
To anyone out there, I would say, DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!! Forget bungy jumping and parachuting and canopy tours. Go visit the most amazing of God's creatures while we still have them, and enjoy White Shark Diving Company's professional and passionate crew's expertise. You can just relax and enjoy the ride.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Liz V
Dublin, Ireland
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Brilliant Day!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Brilliant day shark cage diving with the great whites! We are very happy that we booked with this company. They collected us from our hotel in central cape town, and took us on the 2 hour drive to Gansbaai to their premises and boat. Before getting on the boat, there is of course a briefing on the day and safety which was good. The office is also very nice with clean toilets and drinks and snacks fare provided. There is plenty of information on ethical shark diving and conservation too with the option to buy souvenirs, dvds, posters, books etc.
The boat then took us out to “shark alley”, we also saw some whales on the way out. The cage fits 4 people and my husband and I were in the second group. Plenty of Great Whites were spotted that day, and I would love to do it again!
This tour required no scuba gear or swimming ability, wetsuits and masks were provided and you simply held your breath and went under when sharks were nearby. There’s about a 1foot gap at the top of the cage that’s over the water for when you need to breathe.
These guys seem to really love what they do, and we felt very safe during our time on the boat. The whole trip was filmed and you get to watch the DVD when you get back to the offices, and then decide if you want to buy. The DVD includes underwater footage. We bought it as it’s a great souvenir as we saw up to 10ft sharks during our dive.
I highly recommend this company!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Flossykins
Manchester
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Terrifying but brilliant”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Was picked up very early, but the trip was definitely worth it. Drove for around 2 and a half hours to Gansbaai after being picked up not long after 4am in Cape Town. There was plenty of fruit and breakfast foods when we arrived and a safety talk, then we went out on the boat. There was time before going out to buy some stuff from the on-site shop and even pick up a waterproof camera (either to buy or to rent too). Once on the boat we spent about 15 minutes getting out to where we anchored, and then all on board got into the wetsuits. The boat crew then baited the sharks for about 20 minutes before the first one swam past. And it was huge! Easily 3.5 metres long. This was the cue for the first group of 5 to get into the cage, of which I was lucky enough to be in. I was a little worried we wouldn’t see many sharks as it wasn’t the best time of year for viewings, but I wasn’t disappointed as shark after shark swam by. One even missed the bait and ended up trying to take a bite out of the cage about 6 inches from where my hands where on the rail (this was inside the cage so very safe, but that didn’t really occur to me at the time). My heart was pumping and the adrenaline working overtime as some absolute monsters swam by as casual as you could ever imagine. To see these incredible creatures in their own environment was an amazing experience and something I would love to do again. Even when I was out of the cage and the other groups were in, the views from the boat are just as impressive. There was sandwiches, crisps and water on the boat and even a lunch when we got back to shore too, so I felt very well looked after. All in all, I think we were out on the water for about 2 hours 45 minutes, maybe a little longer. Would definitely recommend this trip to people visiting Cape Town.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank JMertz
Gresham, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“white shark diving”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I suppose there's always a chance things will not be to your liking in a dive, but we went out with Shark Lady & had a fine time. Cage was on the small side but not too bad, seven people on board made it a comfortable group. Surprisingly, with around 8 other boats around us & multiple sharks around, the skipper was talking with the other boats in the area- mentioned that there were some boats that had yet to see their first shark. As if to back up his comment, a couple of minutes later the closest boat moved a few hundred meters to be more in line with us & had their first sighting a minute later. Quite a few comment sites were writing about teasing the sharks with the bait, but I don't see it that way- they're browsing for morsels, & this is what prey will do.

Visited December 2012