“Exceeded All Expectations”

White Shark Diving Company
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: White Shark Diving Co specializes in exclusive GREAT WHITE SHARK adventure tours in Gansbaai, Western Cape, South Africa. Rated #1 by industry peers, we strive to deliver excellence by being the only Shark Cage Diving Company to offer exclusive & private tours with limited seating capacity for extra comfort, safety and dive time! We are the exclusive carrier of all International Celebrities, VIPs and Sporting Teams. White Shark Diving Company have been advocates for the protection of the Great White Shark species; by pioneering sustainable methods of practice, founding and funding scientific research initiatives and being a key player in the development and implementation of The Great White Shark Protection Foundation of South Africa.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Ramrod Key, Florida
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Exceeded All Expectations”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I did a breaching/cage diving trip with the White Shark Diving Company and I couldn't be happier. the day started in Cape Town when they picked me up promptly at 3:45am for the 2 hour drive to Gansbaai. I was also going to dive False Bay but sharks hadn't been seen there in weeks. Gansbaai and Dyer Island are where the real dependable shark experiences occur in South Africa. We hit it big time on both the breaching and cage diving. The water was clear (about 8 meters) and I could see the bottom from the cage. We saw at least 5 different individual sharks ranging from 12 to 16 feet in length. They started out by just swimming by the cage and then got much more aggressive at the end. White Shark Diving Company knows their stuff and is very conscious about safety for the humans and the sharks. They are also very knowledgeable about the rules. When a shark threw one of its teeth onto the boat, I asked for it and was told that it was illegal to possess these teeth similar to the rules of elephant tusks and rhino horns. I am very pleased to have been informed so that I was not in violation of the law.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank TheFishin6

• Arabic first
United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Loved the whole experience”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I went shark diving with the White Shark Diving Company and both found it totally awesome. I didnt want to go in the cage, so I just went along for the experience/boat trip which I thought may be boring but the scenery in the area was wonderful (saw seals, incredible sea birds etc) and was quite amazed by how fabulous the Great Whites really are. My husband did the "adrenalin rush" thing of going in the cage and was all thumbs up and smiles about hanging out with the sharks. All in all a highly recommended experience. I reviewed a number of the other shark diving companies in the area and this was the one that came most recommended to me and I was not disappointed. Having done similar in America I also thought the cost was very reasonable.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank CBTraveller08
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Unbelievable”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Words can't described this experience,truly needs to be seen to appreciate the experience,would recommend everyone to do this,however beware the water is freezing

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Davemurt
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Shark Cage Diving Cape Town | Gansbaai”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

The White Shark Diving Co. is definitely one of my top white shark diving companies in South Africa. Nikolas and his team are very efficient, and the actual dives are mind blowing!
If you're looking for great Gansbaai shark cage diving packages offered by a super professional and friendly company, then the White Shark Diving Co. is the company for you. I'd recommend them to anyone. Awesome company!

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Aislinn C
Canberra, Australia
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Great White Shark Diving Company provides a 10/10 experience!!”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

This is my second visit to SA and my fourth dive with this company. This dive was especially memorable because my teenage sons and wife came along. The boat is comfortable and not too crowded and on every occasion the guys deliver what you are there for - SHARKS. It is a relaxed and fun atmosphere and the staff are very professional without being too stuffy. They are friendly and make you feel at home on their vessel. A tip to first timers - take sea sickness medication before you get on the boat. Lots of people on our boat obviously didn't and they regretted it. We took ours before going and had a fantastic time. Lalo (the videographer) was informative and entertaining, the Captain and crew were great. My ole mate Anthony Trompe our guide from Cape Town, is possibly the funniest guy in the world. He just needs to get over the fact that Australia are better at Rugby than the Boks. We will definitely be back. Jim & Melissa Christou.

Visited October 2011