“WHAT A VIEW!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in De Rust
De Rust View Guest House
Ranked #2 of 6 De Rust B&B and Inns
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“WHAT A VIEW!!!!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Even though it has already been four months since my new wife and I spent two nights at De Rust View, I still had to write this review as they deserve all the praise they can get. What an amazing stay. The guest house definitely has one of the most amazing views I have ever experienced (used this word with intent), especially if you are sitting in the Karoo View 1 bath with the sun setting behind the Kamanassie Mountains!

Ben was an exceptional host (Lani-Marie was away) and he is one of the best "I'm not really a chef I just enjoy cooking" I have had dinner with. Try the Springbok Pie, AMAZING!

We can't suggest a better place to stay in De Rust...truly awesome!

Room Tip: Check the website, all the rooms are well laid out! We stayed in the Karoo View 1 room...adjacent to...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Ben and Lanie-Marie are the best hosts ever, the views, cleanliness, food, etc, etc.....the stay at De Rust View was unforgettable!! The way they treated our handicapped son was so special. Thank you Ben and Lanie-Marie.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent to stay in.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Somerset West, South Africa
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We decided to stop over for the afternoon and night at De Rust View Guesthouse - what a great decision. I had my mountain bike with me so I asked Ben whether he knew of any trails I could ride on. He described a number of options and gave me trail maps to choose from. I chose a 3-hour ride through the farm roads and enjoyed it so much that I got back in the dark after having taken a wrong turning, but what a time! I'd love to come back and try the more technical route, but the one described looks as if it's not for the faint hearted!
Having built up a really good appetite, we truly enjoyed a top class dinner prepared personally by Ben assisted by Lanie-Marie and then enjoyed a wonderful sleep in the very clean bedroom with amazing views - ground floor Karoo View 2.
Breakfast was also great - thanks, Ben and Lanie, you were great hosts!
Campbell & Penny

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Oudtshoorn
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Wow, wow, wow!!!!! My husband took me to De Rust View Guesthouse for our first anniversary and he couldn't have chosen a better place!!! The guesthouse is beautifully decorated and exceptionally clean and neat.
We started the evening with a bottle of wine and chatting to the owners Ben and Lanie-Marie, later we had our dinner on the balcony of our room, so special and the food was AMAZING!!!!
We slept with the curtains wide open to wake up to the most beautiful view the next morning.
Thank you very much again for a very memorable stay, we will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Trollhättan
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed two nights in luxury room with a huge bathroom, the bathroom had a balcony with a stunning view over the landscape. Lanie-Marie and Ben were very god hosts, they know how to make a good dinner and create a friendly atmosphere. We will definately stay there again.
Thanks Lanie-Marie and Ben for wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bloemfontein, South Africa
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We stayed over at De Rust during the Easter Holiday and were blown away with the De Rust View accomodation! For a affordable price we got the best views, bath with a view, luxury room, private dinner ( yum!!) made by the hosts, cocktails and a memorable stay. We felt very welcome by the friendly hosts. We stayed in Karoo view 1 room(bath with a view) next to the entertainment room which has a pool table, HD flatscreen, leather couches, fire place and incredible views as well! This will be the only place where we will be staying when travelling through De Rust in the future for sure...can't wait!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank KariVorster
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Lovely view over the farms from the hillside setting. Very friendly and lovely couple running this lovely place. Thanks Ben & Lanie-Marié! Breakfast was fantastic. We loved it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Die Malvahuisie B & B
Die Malvahuisie B & B
#4 of 6 in De Rust
Chandelier Game Lodge & Ostrich Show Farm

Been to De Rust View Guest House? Share your experiences!