“WANTED TO CHECK OUT THE MILKSHAKES”
Review of Diesel & Creme

Diesel & Creme
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Barrydale
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Diesel & Creme is a Vintage Diner & Motel (The Karoo Moon Motel), situated on the scenic Route 62 in Barrydale.
Reviewed August 15, 2018

I drove to Barrydale on Tuesday to check out if the milkshakes was as good as people say it is and of course have a burger..
I drove past before (in March) because I always thought it was very rustic i.e. looking at the old petrol tanks etc outside. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked through those beautiful doors. The inside tables are shabby chic and the waitrons are friendly.
I told waiter that I came to see if the stories about their milkshakes were true. I then asked him for a suggestion and he brought the display board closer to me (there are several around). I chose the Belgian choc Gelato, which was so thick that I had to eat it with a spoon.
The burger I had was good but especially so was the chips. I have never seen such long chips and I had to take half of my burger home for supper.. The meals are filling because I saw the family at the next table also taking doggie bags.
My family came to spend a day with me on Thursday and we went so that they could also try the milkshakes.
It was very busy so clearly a favourite and we didn't stay (for shakes) but my grandson enjoyed the may things outside

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch, it is very busy - the burgers are so delicious! Recommend getting the gas monkey and chicken burgers!!! So delicious!

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

This place looks like something out of a movie set! Amazing food, great service and crazy cool decor. A lot of effort went into creating this awesome spot in the middle of nowhere. Worth pulling in for a stop when taking route 62. Also, don't leave without trying their amazing milkshakes!

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Delicious cheese burgers & beer on tap greeted us after a long dusty drive from home in Wilderness. Lovingly created eatery, nothing seems contrived. Owner told us she & her husband collect anything old & relevant to the theme they’re after - American diner-style. Freezing cold but lovely fires burning outside for us smokers to huddle around. Look forward a return visit one day...

Reviewed July 26, 2018

The best milkshake experience ever. Wonderful unique decor and great service with a varied menu suitable for all occasions

Date of visit: July 2018