“My Happy Place!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“My Happy Place!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I love returning to this restaurant, the ambience, the friendly chit-chat of the locals, the super-friendly staff and of course the food. MC is a genius with flavours and combinations, whether you feel like something light or more substantial, all bases are covered here. This time I had the Bacon & Blue cheese salad, which was scrumptious, my hubbie tucked into a Lamb Curry Roti with all the trimmings and raved about the Lamb. I absolutely had no intention to have dessert, then a glance at a passing slice of cheesecake ... and all resistance crumbled. Combined with a great cup of coffee, it was sublime!

• Visited March 2014

Cape Town, South Africa
“Nice spot on Route 62”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Loveley place with a nice backyard and friendly staff. I had the burger which was pretty good! My mate ha the lamp curry which was very good too.
They also sell stuff like a very tasty herbal salt.

Reading, United Kingdom
“What a pleasant surprise”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I grew up in Barrydale and haven't been back for almost 20 years. I drove all the way from Cape Town to show my wife my "home town". Didn't expect this place as the building and off course the restaurant was new, since I was last there. What first got my attention was the sign saying fresh home made ginger beer. They sell this by the litre bottle and what a good idea because 1 glass is definitely not enough! Sorry gran, but this was as good if not better than what she used to make!
We both had burger and chips, which was superb. Home made patties, with fresh salad and excellent service. After the meal, we were treated to fresh fruit, topped with a chocolate/cherry sauce. Really good, to top it off, this was absolutely free. The host, (forgot his name now, think it was Mike) couldn't be nicer or friendlier. He sat and talked with us for a while, giving us some interesting facts about Barrydale. All and all, a wonderful and pleasant surprise finding this place, pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Highly recommended!

• Visited February 2014
“Great atmosphere and burgers. ”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

The karoo lamb burger is superb... Very nice art gallery next door. The courtyard creates a lovely atmosphere. We will be back!

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“'THE' King of the Karoo!!!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My family have been traveling along the R62 route for the past 9 years. We have only ever stopped at Clarke of the Karoo, the best food by far in Barrydale, thanks to Mike Clarke. He has always been accommodating & served whatever our hearts desire!!! Breakfast at lunch time or visa versa. The Karoo Oysters are a must, when available. Clarkies is certain worth the stop.

• Visited March 2014