SUN1 Pretoria(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/27
$39
Free cancellation until 07/28
$86
Morning Star Express Hotel(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
$45
$37
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $41/night.

$75
$56
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $63/night.

Manhattan Hotel(Pretoria)
Arcadia Hotel(Pretoria)
$80
$60
  • Restaurant
All reviewswine cellarriver roomgame drivesprivate dinnerout of this worldmont rochelleplunge poolsir richard bransonother guestsdry river bedprivate airstripchilled champagnegreat food and wineour honeymoontracker samonce in a lifetimetree house
Reviewed March 24, 2011

It's hard to believe that someone would find Ulusaba to be a "huge disappointment," as described by a previous reviewer. I suppose it depends on one's expectations. If you expected your young son would be allowed on safari drives and he wasn't, you would be disappointed. However, you need to do your homework. "Not worth the money?" Again, personal opinion, I suppose.

My wife and I stayed at Ulusaba Safari Lodge in early March. It was fantastic. The accommodations, public spaces, service, and safari drives were all outstanding. It wasn't very busy so they upgraded our room. River Lodge 1 had a large bedroom, bathroom, and deck overlooking the dry river bed. I could envision rooms that were more deluxe (plunge pool, better view, bigger, etc.) but it would have been overkill, as we were in our room for about 20 minutes per day while not sleeping.

Safari drives were great. We saw the big five (and more) up close. Couldn't have asked for more.

I could go on and on but I'd simply repeat all of the positive feedback elsewhere.

If I had to find flaw, I would say the food was only good, not great. If you're a foodie and want your salmon tataki with only a razor-thin sear, you'll likely be disappointed at times. However, simple dishes were prepared skillfully and ingredients were always fresh.

Also, we drove ourselves to Ulusaba from Nelspruit airport via Hazyview. It's a rather easy, safe drive but you need to allow 3+ hours to get back to the airport. We scrambled a bit to make our flight back to Capetown.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2011

We went in December 2009 to get married and have a honeymoon. We were greeted with an excellent service from the very beginning. We stayed in River lodge 4 which which was just perfect (and the plunge pool was great after a hot safari.) On safari we spent our time with Trevor and Sam who as well as being friendly and polite are clearly very knowledgeable and passionate about their work. In fact we found all the staff at ulusaba to be most genuine and thoughtful we've ever come across. Nothing was too much trouble (not that we ever had to ask for anything). Johan even doubled as our wedding photographer on our big day, he took us out to some amazing scenery and took some wonderful photos. The food was absolutely out of this world. The safari was incredible, we saw everything we were hoping to and more. Our wedding was perfect and felt like we were among friends who just wanted our day to be special. If we could only holiday in one place, this would be it! But be warned you will judge your holidays afterward more harshly!!

Reviewed February 10, 2011

I have been all over the world and this place is simply awesome. My other favorite vacation was Kenya/Tanzania - Ngongoro Crate Lodge, Little Governor's, Amboseli, etc...and this place was better. The night safaris, the staff and the game walking through the camp make this an amazing experience. I can't say enough good things about this place.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nolag504
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Fabulous. Great service, great food, great staff, great rooms. Our Ranger Greg was the loveliest man and we really enjoyed getting to know him as well as our tracker Joesph. This is a real personal non intrusive place with amazing services. One of the best places i think i will stay in my life. My only one negative thing is that they did not know it was our honeymoon and we had booked the honeymoon package. The communication must have slipped. Apart from this, this is a wonderful place, you see great animals, drink nice wine, eat great and plenty food and meet really nice people whilst you are there. I would go again and hopefully will return soon!

Reviewed January 22, 2011

We really can't speak highly enough about the staff, game drives, food and accommodation at Ulusaba. The stay exceeded our expectations.

1  Thank daubyb