“A work of Art and delicious too”
Review of Art of Food

Art of Food
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Dullstroom
Cuisines: Deli, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: We are taking a well-deserved short break from the 28th of January 2018 and will re-open for breakfast on Friday the 16th 9th of February.
Reviewed September 3, 2016

Stopped over on our return from the Kruger Park on a Sunday morning. Very glad that they were happy to serve breakfast after 12. I had the trio of eggs. Amazing. Done to perfection and a feast for the eyes.
I was a little dissapointed in the lack of fresh juice available, but otherwise would have scored this a 5.

Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

Starting with a new eating plan I was not sure if any restaurant in Dullstroom would cater for me, my hope fell on Christine at Art on food and what a fantastic feast for the tast buds I had when she presented me with a new invention breakfast that gave me such a thrill for her skills as a master chef. I have been at the restaurant many times before and this time round it was once again fantastic. It is great to know that the quality and creativity of Christine as a chef is consistently great. Art on food is an absolute must when visiting Dullstroom.

Reviewed August 22, 2016

My husband and I had the absolute pleasure of having lunch at Art of Food on our way to the Lowveld on Monday, 8 August 2016.

The restaurant boasts an intimate and relaxing ambience. The seating area outside in the quaint garden boasted a romantic ambience.

The menu on a black board boasted an interesting selection of dishes and was reasonably priced in comparison to the exceptional quality of our meals.

After much consideration I decided on the chicken liver bunny chow with side salad. The dish consisted of a homemade mini loaf of bread with chicken livers inside. The chicken livers were covered in a gently spiced sauce and the combination of flavours was a match made in heaven! It was also beautifully presented and the presentation was a real work of art.

My husband opted for the chicken and mustard pie with black cherry sauce and deep fried spinach. The crunchiness of the spinach gave the dish a surprising and wonderful twist. He thoroughly enjoyed every scrumptious bite.

The portion sizes were more than adequate to satisfy us. I had a glass of Sauvignon Blanc wine which was excellent and presented in a beautiful wine glass.

It was clear to us that the food at Art of Food is made using fresh ingredients. The passion and love and care of the chef at work surfaced in each glorious bite we had.

We would like to thank Nic and Trav for an outstanding and memorable lunch. We will certainly be back on our next visit to Dullstroom.

1  Thank zerwickrenatevictor
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Trip Advisor give's true reviews. I have a holiday home in Dullstroom at Walkerson's So I have being to Art of food a few times and ALL the times I go, I have not being disappointed ,would like to see a cake or cookies with tea?

Reviewed August 16, 2016

Found on TripAdvisor it didn't disappoint.
A very cute, different and surprising gem in Dullstroom. Best described as Gourmet Home cooking the food didn't disappoint.
The welcome and service was very good and because there were a small, fully booked sitting of approx 30 people, the attention to each guest was incredible.

We were given a choice between 4 starters, 5 mains and 2 desserts and when questioning the heat of the curry we were even treated to a small taster. In the end we had the mussel pot (which my boyfriend would have married the chef for) and raviolli for the starter. Lamb Shank and Oxtail for mains, deconstructed lemon meringue and Chocolate brownies for dessert. Not one of them disappointed and we just wished that this restaurant was based closer to JHB so that we could experience more of their offerings.

Thank you for an amazing experience and cannot wait to return!