“Nice clean affordable PLACE TO SLEEP THE NIGHT”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Duck & Trout

Duck & Trout
Ranked #17 of 30 Restaurants in Dullstroom
Cuisines: Pizza, Pub, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice clean affordable PLACE TO SLEEP THE NIGHT”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My review is not of the restaurant but to introduce this place as an alternative place to rest the night.

We arrive in dullstroom very late in the evening, 8 pm without a place to stay. Driving from Berlin to Dullstroom involved driving through meandering hill slopes and the eerie thick haze - when all of a sudden two lights appear from a far and slowly comes closer.

With no where to stay, I am pleasantly surprised with the warmth of the locals. Without mentioning names, I was recommended by a hotel, that was full, to another accommodation. Driving around, I came to a beautiful resthouse, and because of cost reason, the person in charge not only recommend but brought us to this quiet clean place to rest our heads.

I think there should be more of such basic affordable accommodation for people, like me, who just want to rest our heads for the night. I realise that the expensive beautiful resthouses are meant for the local South African visitors.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank francis_61jb

“Dont expect to much”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The only good thimg here is the pizza. Dont expect good service. We were 8 people having pizza. I had to go to the bar if wanted a drink. I fetched every ones pizza. The waiter were not happy at all to serve us. Will never go back again.

“Great Service”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Felt very welcome, met some locals, good food, reasonable prices, friendly helpful staff, had a great meal and went back twice during our stay in Dullstroom.Try the garlic snails.......superb!

Dullstroom, South Africa
“Local is Lekker!”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

The best place to meet and party with the locals, great staff and a awesome atmosphere!

Visited April 2012