“Charming and eccentric”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Charming and eccentric”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have visited this quirky place twice, the most recent being a lunch stop en route back to Johannesburg from Pilgrim's Rest in November 2012 with a friend visiting from the USA.
I have the feeling that while I thought it might be a fun stop, he didn't share my thoughts. He made no negative comments, but didn't rave.
It was a quiet midweek day, and fairly empty, but the food was tasty and the unusual atmosphere always prevails. It is worth a stop when in Dullstroom, and you can judge for yourself if it suits your tastes.

• Visited November 2012

• Polish first
Kempton Park, South Africa
“Always excellent”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Once again, a lovely evening at Mrs Simpson's. Food excellent - the strawberry and feta samoosas for dessert are out of this world! Staff are like family. Stephen and Bryan never fail to impress with the hosting.

Visited April 2013
“Best meal in Dullstroom”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our table's highlights were the Creamy mussels, Ponti De Legno Style Seafood Pasta Of Calamari, Prawns & Mussels, and the Blueberry and Apple Crumble with custard and ice cream.

Fantastic and efficient service, tasty well balanced meals with good portion sizes. Warm and eclectic decor and ambiance - would definitely return if I were ever in Dullstrom.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Raereen
South Africa
“Magical every time”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My partner in crime and I have now been to Mrs Simpsons on 4 occasions and each occasion was magical. The decor is fabulously fun with shoes hanging on one end of the room and family photos on the other. The food is alway scrumptious with dishes starters such as mussels in garlic cream and mains like lamb shank where the meat melts off the bone. Best of all, the pudding, apple and blueberry pie a must have for any individual. Favorite restaurant in Dullstroom and a place memories are made.

1 Thank Emily L
Pretoria, South Africa
“A little overrated”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The decor is something different and interesting, my husband and I found the food to be average, I ordered the lamb shank which did not have much meat on it, we did not have a problem with the service received from the Waiter. The owners walked around talking to all the tables where they knew the guests, but completely ignored us as they did not know us, I found this rather rude, we were also paying guests and needed to be asked whether we were enjoying our meal is our money not all the same?

• Visited March 2013