“Beautiful Setting, Great Service and the Food!”
Review of Go Country

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dullstroom
Go Country
Ranked #9 of 14 Dullstroom B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Luckily, my girlfriend and I managed to get a last minute booking at Go Country Estate. All I can say is wow! This self-catering farm lodge is full of things to do. I had never picked up a fly fishing rod in my life so after borrowing one from a friend and driving to Dullstroom, I went to the local fishing shop and purchased a beginners casting course which did the world of good.

We arrived at Go Country Estate. The dirt road leading up to it was quite hairy for our Mini but 4x4's were wizzing past us at 60 km per hour. As we checked in, the manager, Dave greeted us and showed us around. He also gave us some awesome fly fishing tips and showed us what was available on the estate. He also urged us to eat at their restaurant on premises lead by his chef wife, Christine.

Due to the changing seasons, the fish weren't biting all that much but I could see that the dam was very well stocked and I did manage to land my first trout on a fly. What an experience!

We ate at the restaurant a few times and every time the food was phenomenal! I haven’t had food this good in Jo’burg before and the well sized portions left us smacking our lips after every mouthful.

During the course of the weekend, we did a lot of fishing, rode on the farm’s beautiful Apaloosa horses, had a go at clay pigeon shooting, drove out to Dullstroom to do some whisky tasting and hung out at the Cranberry Bistro which provided free coffee, tea and delicious teatime treats for guests. I could go on forever about how truly awesome the food was but you really have to go there yourself to do it justice.

I have never come across more hospitable hosts than Dave and Christine who accommodated our every need.

The value we received at Go-Country was way above our expectations and I would recommend this venue to anybody that I know.

Thanks for a great experience!

Room Tip: If you are a group of 6 or more, try and get into "Barn" which is a beautifully renovated...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Go Country

Reviewed September 2, 2011

This resort/trout farm has had a number of incarnations - previously "The Trout Lodge" then a stalled development as a polo estate called "Go Polo" - it now has a new management couple of David (manager/front of house) and Christina (Chef). The accommodation is in a farm house and number of related outbuildings. Its rustic, and David is clearly still working through some maintenance issues, but a very acceptable farm house style.

Christina is clearly a talented chef and the "Cranberry Bistro" restaurant looked great. We only had breakfast, but the limited menu was impressive.

Activities included horse riding and trout and bass fishing.

We had a very pleasant weekend break.

Room Tip: Note: High clearance vehicles recommended for the Kruisfontein road - especially in summer
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family